Got rear ended today...

MKNG TRX

Scooter
Getting off the freeway, on the off ramp. Made my stop and about to take off when moron cager in his SUV hits me. Luckily I griped the front brake hard, the bike took a massive dip otherwise I think I would had rolled into traffic. Bent my rear fender out of whack. Here's the damage...

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Sorry to hear about this but I'm glad you were able to walk away from this without getting banged up. The a-hole has insurance right? Hope it doesn't take you a long time to get it sorted out.

dschief

750cc
Damn SUVs! Damn SUV drivers!

Glad you are OK, he/she must not have been going too fast. I have lost 2 friends due to such an accident.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I'm happy that you're able to post about it and didn't get creamed by the SUV. On that note, make sure you have someone go over the bike in crazy detail, did they bend the rear swing arm? make the wheel "un-round"? Get it check over extremely well.

Easy13

Street Tracker
You got off very lucky, Amigo. Cynr's correct, get your bike checked over in detail, and make that SUV-drivin, cellphone yammerin, inattentive idiot MF cager bleed!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Wowzas, glad too see you are walkin and talkin. Hope you got all the information you need and get the bike COMPLETELY sorted out. . .i think that rear wheel is bent and from sliding you destroyed that front tire by creating a flat spot aaaand the shocks are bent because the swingarm is as well. WOO HOO NEW PARTS!

DandyDoug

750cc
Glad you are ok, and the bike not too badly damaged.
Got hit from the rear by a drunk many years ago, still get paranoid when I see someone approching me back there if I am stopped.

koifarm

Hooligan
Sorry about the hit man, one of my greatest fears as well...keep eyes on the rear views at all times...
Looked like your right pipe was skewed a bit to me....but ditto on getting her checked out, anytime you get nailed like that everything is in danger of bending/breaking....could easily have bent things slightly...
Glad you're okay.....

In "Long Way Round" with ewan mcgregor and charlie boorman, ewan gets smashed at 50 MPH from behind. His paniers got fucked and the bike was sent on one wheel about 30 feet. Like he says in the documentary though, "like a fuckin' trooper I didn't go down"

Just reminded me of that scene.

Good luck getting it all sorted and glad you're not dead!

MKNG TRX

Scooter
Thanks for the words of encouragement guy/gals. Yeah, I gave that cager a real piece of my mind and consider myself lucky it wasn't more serious. Couldn't tell if he was on the phone at the time of impact but got all of his details and now gonna call to have it all sorted out. Cheers.

MKNG TRX

Scooter
Glad you escaped injury.
Is that plate an antique or a new one painted black?

New plate stripped and painted black. The old school plates (CA) always look better on retro (looking) rides. Didn't like how the new blue on white plate looked on my bike.

Norvel

Two Stroke
New plate stripped and painted black. The old school plates (CA) always look better on retro (looking) rides. Didn't like how the new blue on white plate looked on my bike.

I like that idea.

But is there any "law" (live in CA too) issue with repainting the plate?