Got It (my 06 T-100)

cb4017

Scooter
Well folks, the shipping company dropped off my newly purchased, stock, low mileage 06 T-100. I'm pleasantly surprised. This bike is like new and original down to silencers and AI. The best part was the under $5,000 price. I do have some minor mods in mind. I'll probably open up the airbox by removing the snorkel and restrictor plate, remove the AI and install TOR silencers.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_0475Medium.jpg

IMG_0471Medium.jpg

IMG_0477Medium.jpg

IMG_0476Medium.jpg

IMG_0473Medium.jpg

IMG_0472Medium.jpg

BTW, anyone got a set of TOR silencers for sale?

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Gorgeous!!!

I might be unloading my powder-coated black TOR's later this summer...

Very nice Cliff. Once you start modding the air box, it won't be long before you realize the potential of the bike. It’s a very slippery slope. :D Have fun with it.

cynr1023

TT Racer
"I do have some minor mods in mind. I'll probably open up the airbox by removing the snorkel and restrictor plate, remove the AI and install TOR silencers."

...and this is where the sickness begins...

enjoy!

nohawk

Rocker
Very nice bike for a good price. Keep an eye on the fork seals. I really like the blk/red paint scheme. Congrats man.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
It's a good looking bike!! Good riding. Try not to smile a whole hell of a lot cuz other people out there will think you're insane.

Take lots of pics and post em.... preferably showing the good roads around there.

AceT100

Rocker
Damm...its even got the reflectors on it still....Of course, you also have THE BEST color scheme too...tho I may be biased...slightly...

Topher0268

Scooter
Wow

Very nice .....

I have a Bonnie Black so I'm NOT biased and I still think that Red/Black combo is arguably the best looking color scheme. Did that price include your shipping? Sounds like a fair buy to me too.

Nice find

jphickory

Banned
Looks great! I’d be excited too. Congratulations.

I know I am not in the majority here but… I’d recommend you ride it this summer before deciding on any performance modifications. My Bonnie’s engine is stock: intact AI, snorkel, airbox, silencers etc.. It runs like a top and in four years I have never once had to fiddle with anything engine related. I am happy with the hassle free – at no additional cost – very satisfactory, to me, stock performance. (My previous street bike was a high performance upgraded Suzuki GS 1100E - a rocket ship in its day - just not what I’m after anymore)

Everybody has their own preference – just wanted you to have the benefit of both sides represented. Enjoy your Bonneville!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Looks great! I’d be excited too. Congratulations.

I know I am not in the majority here but… I’d recommend you ride it this summer before deciding on any performance modifications. My Bonnie’s engine is stock: intact AI, snorkel, airbox, silencers etc.. It runs like a top and in four years I have never once had to fiddle with anything engine related. I am happy with the hassle free – at no additional cost – very satisfactory, to me, stock performance. (My previous street bike was a high performance upgraded Suzuki GS 1100E - a rocket ship in its day - just not what I’m after anymore)

Everybody has their own preference – just wanted you to have the benefit of both sides represented. Enjoy your Bonneville!

Very good point, jp.
Didn't do anything to my 02 Centennial for a year then fitted TORS and a rejet. The throaty sound was too much to resist I'm afraid.

Cliff, I do agree with jp though. Take your time, ride around and on it as stock, but while you're doing that, look around at other bikes. Look at the bikes shown on this forum, see what you like and then stamp your own signature on it. Whatever you decide, keep us posted with lots of pics.

Enjoy!
Fantastic looking Bonnie BTW! (Almost a virgin).
You did well there.:up:

cb4017

Scooter
Thanks Gents. I am not unhappy with the performance of my bike in stock form. I'd like a little more exhaust note and I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud bikes. I figure TORs will be a good compromise.

I changed the oil and adjusted/lubed the chain today then put a hundred miles on the bike. A BFG on my face the whole day.:D

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
First off, NICE RIDE.
Also all motor vehicles now days are restricted up the wazoo. and as long as you can get away with removing the stupid restrictions and make your bike breath, then get it done asap. you will love the change.
it shits me no end, that motorcycles are such a small part of the road users and we have to comply with such strict emissions.
anyway enjoy your ride

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Nice find, cb!! Looks just like mine did when I brought her home four years ago. Do the airbox and exhaust ASAP... suspension next. Well that's my 2 cents anyway.

FYI: A nice pair of pre-EFI TORS were recently listed listed on rats.nest. I don't know the guy. In fact he's a newbie there, and prolly just hasn't found this place yet.