Goodbye, Buell

Oxblood

750cc

Uesque

Scooter
They are like GM, slow to change. Geez, GM with all their problems has a Caddilac stationwagon out now!! Still making stupid decisions!

The CTS is selling really well and compares favorably against BMW and Audi. The sportwagon is primarily for the euro market where wagons (estates) are popular. They're not selling it here with a manual trans or it would be my next ride. Great way to stand out from the SUV herd.

Don't fret too much about Erik Buell, he gets what he wants. This is a guy who went and banged on Harley's door until they gave him a job. I wouldn't be surprised to see him buy back the company or at least lead the investors. If nothing else, they'll dump the Sportster motors and stick with Rotax.

Uesque

Scooter
This is far less about Buell's marketability or profitability and more to make the stock market think that they are doing something to arrest their falling profits. Long term it will have no real effect, but Wall Street rarely rewards long term stability over a quick hit.

Buell sales were less than 3% of total HD sales, how much impact could the discontinuation have?

Last edited:

07black&red

Two Stroke
My brother test drove one of the 1125r's earlier this year. $12,000. After the announcement he got a call from the "dealer" saying if he wanted it he could have it for $4,900. Dumbass went and picked it up with a big-ole-smile on his face! He's never been happier!! Wonder what Erik will do next?
R.I.P. Buell

My brother test drove one of the 1125r's earlier this year. $12,000. After the announcement he got a call from the "dealer" saying if he wanted it he could have it for $4,900. Dumbass went and picked it up with a big-ole-smile on his face! He's never been happier!! Wonder what Erik will do next?
R.I.P. Buell

Dumbass?!?? Whatever! for that money, if I had the $$$, I'd be there happier than a bastard too!

MattRat

TT Racer
I tried asking what kind of deal my local dealer would make on a Ulysses - they said something about $1000 off...no interest. In the spring, if my bonnie EVER sells, I'd think about one of those if it's in the $4900 range.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
These bikes come with warraties too and HD will provide parts just like any one of their bikes... because its still one of their bikes . The Rotax motor will be easy to find parts for - I am sure Rotax will still make parts. I would grab one of these for $5k but I would rather get a brand new Blast for my wife for half that.

innominate

Street Tracker
if someone had a new translucid red lightning on the floor for <5k i'd be tempted. those are some sweet looking bikes.

drlapo

Hooligan
I understand the Buell has $5000 rebate to the dealer on all bikes on the floor
the dealer does what he wants with the rbate: he may not want to reduce the prive of the bike by the full $5000

drlapo

Hooligan

sgt brad

Scooter
for anyone interested, my local hd dealer has a 3k mile used ulysses xt that he was trying to sell me for 6k the other day. i really would like to have it, but that would make 3 bikes in the stable and i think at this point it's better to put more money towards the kid's college fund. the xt is the touring version with the heated grips and full hard luggage. it's nice and i didn't see any scratches on it anywhere. it does have header wrap on the pipes which is a must if you've ever ridden one. it's at rocket harleydavidson in huntsville alabama. call and ask for aaron. he was the guy helping me. 6k for a 3,000 mile ulysses ain't half bad.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Shit here in houston they were giving all of them away for 5999 out the door brand new. ALL models even the 1125