Go Pro Camera - Be a HERO

Bonafide

NBR founder
Got this for xmas and played with it once, but really havent had the time for riding much this year (so far) or had the camera back out. Thrux-ton-up called last night and we did a quick half day ride to Blood Mtn and back.

This was taken with it's 'still picture' option. Acts like a regular camera. The file was originally 2.5 MB - reduced for the forum.

Attachments

• gopro_april_2010.jpg
    gopro_april_2010.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Things are awesome, the gopro hd was what my track footage was shot with, I was amazed at the quality. I'm gonna brrow my friends for the next track day and get some from thrux footage.

D9

Vendor
Cool vid... impressive image quality on that cam!
Sure wish we had roads like that here...

Nick Morey

Rocker
Very cool pic. & videos. That camera does a beautiful job. I know you folks down there had an expecially hard winter, but is it normal for the trees to be so bare this time of year? It looks like that video could have been shot up here (things probably won't green up here for another month).

Details on Memory Card

Bonafide,

Are you using a GoPro HD?

If so, what memory card are you using? (Brand, storage size, class #, etc) and where did you get it? A lot of people (including me) are having problems with the GoPro shutting down on itself or displaying :SoS" on the display screen and unable to record.

My footage of the brand new track (Chuckwalla) was basically ruined :(. So far not too happy with GoPro. Their 1st Generation ones were much better.

Bonafide

NBR founder
NM - the trees are blooming in the low lands, but the mountains are usually a week or behind us. Pollen count yesterday for 2900 ... 120 is HIGH. So things ARE in bloom. Today my black patrol car looks greenish yellow from being covered in pollen. Levels are expected to reach 5000 before spring is over.

toob - I did see a SoS reading once during the day. Once home I realized the memory card still have videos on it from before - so they're now deleted. I dont remember the size/brand of memory card I bought for it ... but it was a big'un .. 16G maybe?

klink

Two Stroke
Great video, been there many times hiking and stopped there at the center when I did the AT. Nice area with great roads.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Bonafide,

Are you using a GoPro HD?

If so, what memory card are you using? (Brand, storage size, class #, etc) and where did you get it?

Pulled the card out now that I'm home - it's a 16GB by ScanDisk. And yes, the camera is a HD. I havent gone looking yet - buy what's the deal with the SoS reading? ie; what's causing it and how can it be resolved?

There's a couple things I dont like about the thing, but for the price ... it's pretty darn good.

ggRAT

Street Tracker
There's a couple things I dont like about the thing, but for the price ... it's pretty darn good.

I think you made a good choice (from what I've read) with your GoPro HD Hero.

I'm also considering the VholdR ContourHD because I like the simple on/off switch and the lasers seem like a good idea. Although I've heard the sound recording is inferior.

Another option is the Tachyon XC.

They all cost about the same when you inlcude the cost of the SDHC memory card.

Any thoughts, Dude?

Bonafide

NBR founder
gg - I dont have any experience with the others you listed - but I'm sure they'll all have their own plus/minus issues. The problem I have with the GoPro is no playback or viewable screen. The previous (POS) camera I had did have a viewable screen/playback so you could see your point of view or 'did you get the shot' before coming all the way home and plugging it into your computer.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
Damn, wish I would have gone. I had to work in the afternoon and was supposed to replace a u-joint on my truck in the a.m. U-joint has been postponed till Saturday morning, so I could have rode. Oh well, next time...looks like it was a fun day.