Give me a good Tech Topic to discuss...

WyoBonnie

Scooter
Man, I've been a lurking member here for almost 2 years now. I was a misguided forum member in the beginning and I've just recently been saved, that is, booted from the other place. For the sake of my sanity, I got to get out of the cafe and into some grease and oil and rubber.

I've already modded the shit out of my Bonnie and I just don't have anything to get involved with right now on the tech forum. Give me a topic. Oil is always good for an argument, but that's been done and over done!

'Bout the only thing not done to my girl is to rip out her lungs (airbox). Man, I just don't want to go down that road.

WyoBonnie

Scooter
But wouldn't stacks be the same as taking out the airbox, or am I missing something with what you mean. When I think of the airbox being removed, aren't stacks about the only way to go after that. Have you done this? Got a pic so it will click with me....

ivar

TT Racer
there was some threads over at (ehem) trat.net , putting stacks into the airbox + adding a second intake.
JohnyC and Ventura I think...?

D9

Vendor
WyoBonnie... any Bonnie that's had the shit modded out of it, I'd like
to see... lets see some pics :D

WyoBonnie

Scooter
Well, maybe I'm exagerating just a little - I have yet to get one of your brackets. Maybe a better choice of words, I've run out of things that I can think of, except the really big projects. I just not ready to remove the airbox and I doubt if I will ever go big bore.

WyoBonnie

Scooter
Alright, busted - my mouth spoke before my brain processed. How about, modded the shit out of it in terms of, got a kid ready to start college, got another 2 years after that, and a wife that thinks there ain't enough in the retirement account.

Here's all my girl has done to her - the usual; Bafflectomy, then took em off and put on some reverse cones, AI gone, rebadged the tank with a heritage badge, fiddled and fussed with the stock carbs, gaiters, small givi windscreen, 19 tooth (I really like that, and it runs great up around 80), LED idiot lights, door opener in the headlight bucket (runs off the high beam switch), snorkeless with a polaris bellmouth, mini-tach, and currently running on Avon RoadRiders (burned right thru the Sport Demons).

I'm not a spy, really -- I'm uploading a few pics right after this post.

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
Hey WYO, I put a newer pic of my lightly modded Bonnie in the picture thread for you. I have yet to mod all the shit out of it.:)

WyoBonnie

Scooter
Yeah, yeah, gonna take me a while to get my foot out of my mouth. Rod, I've seen your yours, many times. I've kind of follwed your progress on it, as you posted updates, almost from the beginning. Now, I must say, that is, indeed modded.

Scuse me while I go get some good pliers to get a grip on my toes, some of 'em are pretty deep.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
What you haven't done yet is take a look at your suspension bits. That's a whole new can of worms you can put your teeth into. New shocks, then Progressive fork springs or Ricor emulators. adjusting the ride height. Hmmmm..

For me doing the rear shocks were an eye opener. Like night and day. Now I'm going to try and get the front end dialed in.

WyoBonnie

Scooter
I actually forgot all about that - I've already put some progressives in the forks. I am happy with the ride, so I don't know about the rear shocks, but that certainly has been on my mind lately.

Here's my thoughts on the suspension, knowing me, if I get too carried away with a really great handling bike, I'll end up doing some stupid shit while riding her. When I had the Sport Demons on, the bike stuck like glue to the road and I used to ride her like a train on rails - scared myself once or twice. With a great suspension to match, I think I might get in over my head while riding. At best, I'll have no more bike. At worst, my ol lady will have some cash to spend. Keeping her a little on the average side, I'll ride a little more average.

I guess what I really should have said with my first post, give me some ideas along the lines of cosmetic things that I could pursue, maybe some thoughts on some "minor" engine/air mods. I like the suspension idea, forgot all about it. Any consensus on turn signals and headlight brackets here on the forum? I've even thought of, and these are expensive, different carbs. If I did something like that, my ol lady would shit herself about the "retirement fund".

So, I guess, what I'm saying - I've done a lot for me (and most of it seems like it is cosmetic or convienence crap, now that I look back on it). Once the bug bites, it is hard to quit. I want to keep on tinkering with her while trying to balance the girl in the garage with the girl in the bedroom.

So c'mon Wyo post a pic!!! :)
Like you I am always looking at mods. But mine are more to get the 69 style bike, and of course the nice sound.
Most recent has been the Hydes togas, which i fitted to replace TORs, Have to say I am very happy with them. Have also lately been dabbling with various seats. The one I really like is the scrambler seat. Only prob with it is that it seems to get hotter in our climate and retain heat. So have gone back to stock for summer riding here in Oz, as fed up with having a wet arse lol
One i am really looking forward to doing is gaitors, which 78gold is gonna help me with, as my technical skills are, shall we say limited.
Anyway mate one thing is for sure. There is no shortage of bikes with some amazing mods done. So if finances are a little tied up ( a wife does that) you can at least look at what others on site are or have done and dream. A bit like me really ;-)

WyoBonnie

Scooter
posted some yesterday - should be towards the end of the pic thread. two of em, one under the salt flats sign and one on top of a mountain pass - almost two years apart.

don't get your hopes up a lot, it just has a lot of subtle changes or things that don't really show up in a photo - LED lights, fork springs, things like that.

Put a Union Jack sticker on the brake reservoir in place of the legalese. It's a very nice improvement for a few bucks, from Fast Eddy.

Install a color-matched front brake line and a shiny set of clutch and throttle cables from NewBonneville. It's about time you replaced them and flushed the brake lines anyway.

Gaiters. A TailBlazer and a SignalMinder for safety. Colored LEDs in the clock lights.

And definitely the D9 gauge panel.

Last edited:

Vendor
I actually forgot all about that - I've already put some progressives in the forks. I am happy with the ride, so I don't know about the rear shocks, but that certainly has been on my mind lately.

Here's my thoughts on the suspension, knowing me, if I get too carried away with a really great handling bike, I'll end up doing some stupid shit while riding her. When I had the Sport Demons on, the bike stuck like glue to the road and I used to ride her like a train on rails - scared myself once or twice. With a great suspension to match, I think I might get in over my head while riding. At best, I'll have no more bike. At worst, my ol lady will have some cash to spend. Keeping her a little on the average side, I'll ride a little more average.

I guess what I really should have said with my first post, give me some ideas along the lines of cosmetic things that I could pursue, maybe some thoughts on some "minor" engine/air mods. I like the suspension idea, forgot all about it. Any consensus on turn signals and headlight brackets here on the forum? I've even thought of, and these are expensive, different carbs. If I did something like that, my ol lady would shit herself about the "retirement fund".

So, I guess, what I'm saying - I've done a lot for me (and most of it seems like it is cosmetic or convienence crap, now that I look back on it). Once the bug bites, it is hard to quit. I want to keep on tinkering with her while trying to balance the girl in the garage with the girl in the bedroom.

After reading this whole thread, I have not any recollection of your fully modded bike.
Can you enlighten me?
Or... you are another keyboard wannabe?

WyoBonnie

Scooter
Well, maybe I'm exagerating just a little....

Alright, busted - my mouth spoke before my brain processed. How about, modded the shit out of it in terms of.....

Yeah, yeah, gonna take me a while to get my foot out of my mouth. ....

....Scuse me while I go get some good pliers to get a grip on my toes, some of 'em are pretty deep.

I guess what I really should have said with my first post, give me some ideas along the lines of cosmetic things that I could pursue, maybe some thoughts on some "minor" engine/air mods.....

Christ, what more do you want - maybe stand me up in front of a wall and let everyone stone me!!!