Gima 125 - french retro lightweight

dschief

750cc
Small bikes can be more fun than larger bikes because you can wring their freaking neck until you stretch the throttle cable, and live to tell the tale. I've done hundreds of miles a day on a 250 or 350 (see below). Not the most comfortable rides but it can be done.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I heard that after the war, there were thousands of these for sale army surplus. And all of them were dropped once, never used.

Ohh that never gets old...

ssjones

750cc
...And then I think - what would I use it for? Maybe a pit bike?

Yes, can you imagine how boring putting around on a 125 (and scary) would be? I get a 250 or 350, but 125? I'd tire of it easily, than it would just be a beautiful garage decoration. And the passenger seat - picture two up on just 125cc's.........

whyme

TT Racer
You can find one of these kind of cheap. I got this one for nothing. 90cc and really slowwwwww. But it's still fun and a classic. I use it to ride the kids around town. The french one does look cool, but really under powered for that cash.

Attachments

• IMG_4209_2.jpg
    IMG_4209_2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0

KingBear

Hooligan
That's a great Super Cub! Not so cheap nowadays, especially in such good shape. With some 50 million produced the Honda Cub in its various incarnations is the number one form of motorized transportation on the planet.

I'd be glad to take it off your hands for double what you paid for it! :D

Last edited:

whyme

TT Racer
ok deal! yeah, I got it with 700 miles on it. I did a lot of cosmetic work, paint, sourcing various parts from Asia-mechanically it was pretty good. It's a CM91. I believe a 69 but there was no title. I have a CT90 too. These are what led me to get a real bike again. I thought I could be ok with just putzing around on these..Not!

I see decent ones go for $8-900 on ebay.

dschief

750cc
red_13.jpg

Here's something a little more American. Just found out they are making these again.

http://www.californiascooterco.com/