Giclee print for Christmas

AceT100

Rocker
Giclee.....I believe its a French word meaning.... Pain in the arse...but worth the effort.....

My wife's Dad is a gear head, so this year for Christmas, I decided to try something a little different.

Starting with this pic of the Sam Barris Mercury....(The very 1st Mercury that was chopped way back in 1950, it was a BRAND NEW car)

3044469307_e6948892b6.jpg

I went to a local print shop owned by a friend's brother & had it printed on canvas!

Then bought a artist's canvas, for painting on....and wrapped it round the frame & stapled it down, gave it a light coat of clear & I am quite happy with the result....

Crappy phone picture, but you get the idea....

3133102927_88c149f82a.jpg

The wrap around....

3133090387_5f2b72029c.jpg

:cheers:

AceT100

Rocker
Thanks guys...I took the original pic at the last Paso Robles show, it was the 1st time Sam's Merc was shown in public for almost 20 years.

D9

Vendor
Ok... extra extra cool since you took the pic, which is a damn good pic... I wondered where the image came from... major props to you for doing it
the hard way and getting all original wid' it! :D

AceT100

Rocker
Ok... extra extra cool since you took the pic, which is a damn good pic... I wondered where the image came from... major props to you for doing it
the hard way and getting all original wid' it! :D

Thanks,

I've been known to point a camera at the odd vehicle....

It turned out so well, I don't wanna give it away now!

:eeek:

KingBear

Hooligan
My wife and I co-sponsored the commissioning of a folk art painting of Washington DC by a well-known artist, entitling us to the #1 AP giclee print. A great investment if you trust the artist.