GF's First Ride

koifarm

Hooligan
Oops,,,,,sorry, wasn't paying attention, I stand corrected with apologies if I have caused an uproar over your marital situation. I always figure if a couple has been together for some time, and is doing things like getting bikes together, you're married anyway....lol....of course I realize some folks are sensitive and I bow to that stance, it's all in the semantics in any event.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Hell yeah Kylie!!! Gary...tell her Mondo says 'Ride On!'...Do you think she'll want to ride it to the Vintage show this year? Did I already ask you that? You could show it at the show? Heath is riding the Tiger 750 down that weekend...I on the Bonnie of course...

Anyhow...She and the Honda look Great!! Awesome combo...:rockon:

She's a sweetie! Your wife is as well!....honestly she looks like she's got a mile wide grin on her mug, you must be proud to see your wife and a great bike you've restored as a pair.....loved her hand signals.....
Now y'all can go ride together......
In the background on the first shot there is a beautiful tree in bloom. noticed you were from oregon but could that be dogwood?

Koi,the title says "GF`s first ride" not ball and chain`s first ride.

Oops,,,,,sorry, wasn't paying attention, I stand corrected with apologies if I have caused an uproar over your marital situation. I always figure if a couple has been together for some time, and is doing things like getting bikes together, you're married anyway....lol....of course I realize some folks are sensitive and I bow to that stance, it's all in the semantics in any event.

Wife? Sensitive? Fuck you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4PolAobNEM

The tree is a flowering plum.

Hell yeah Kylie!!! Gary...tell her Mondo says 'Ride On!'...Do you think she'll want to ride it to the Vintage show this year? Did I already ask you that? You could show it at the show? Heath is riding the Tiger 750 down that weekend...I on the Bonnie of course...

Anyhow...She and the Honda look Great!! Awesome combo...:rockon:

"Do you think she'll want to ride it to the Vintage show this year?"

Hell to the yeah!!!

Update: Just installed some cafe bars on Kylie's CL. Here are some before and after pics:

Before
IMG_9127.jpg

IMG_9128.jpg

IMG_9129.jpg

After
IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9134.jpg

IMG_9137.jpg

What a f'ing pain in the ass it was to thread the wires in the handlebars. Had to drill holes in the cafe bars to accept the wires. What I thought was gonna be a 10 min job, turned into a 3 hr job. And yes, that tail light is huge. Maybe a lucas style is in the future.

D9

Vendor
Man, I love the bars... that CL just looks better every time I see it - good work!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I looked for one of those bikes on Cl before i bought my Bonneville. I may get one yet. How does it compare performance wise to the Bonneville? You said your GF was intimidated by the Bonny so this bike must be pretty mild.

My wife isn't ready for Bonny, but her GS250, as good as it runs, is too slow. If you are like me, you do all the maintenance on her bike, clean it and fuel it, register and store it. Might as well be something you like.

With something like the CL, you wouldn't mind. Nice to have to knock around on dirt roads or fire trails too.