getting old?

drlapo

Hooligan
my Speed Triple accelerates so hard in the first three or four gears that I get light headed
it happened again yesterday blaasting down 169 in eastern CT
I'm considering talking to my MD about this

drlapo

Hooligan
oh yeah I was on the bike but I'm begining to wonder how long I can stay on
this has happened twice now and I wonder if the bike is generating too many "G" forces for my old ticker
its a lot of fun until someone dies and that would totally piss me off

tribear

Street Tracker
cardio!

get out and do some walking in the evenings to get your heart rate up for 30 minutes at a time to strengthen it up a bit! ANYTHING to stay on that triple man!!!

drlapo

Hooligan
I walk 3-4 miles each day with my dog +/- an hour at noon and many times another 1/2 hour after supper
its like vertigo; you know like when you stand up too fast?
it may be an inner ear thing

drlapo

Hooligan
blood pressure is good; wife left 10 years ago
something is amiss but I assure you that I will not abandon the Triple
maybe I'm not drinking enough??
the last time I complained to my MD it was about a "soreness" in my right arm when I turned it a certain way
his reply was "don't turn it that way"

tribear

Street Tracker
Well sir, I'm hoping its an inner ear thing as you say or something that will pass shortly. Maybe some ear drops, a few pints and good as gold! Couple of other potentials.....polarized sun glasses can mess with a fella, and if you wear prescription glasses, I've heard of folks getting out of whack if their prescription is outdated. Now this one is a stretch but some people hold their breath while concentrating in sports or anything that requires a higher level of concentration causing light headedness.
Whatever it may be.....we're all pulling for a quick and easy remedy!

drlapo

Hooligan
I do wear prescription glasses and during hard acceration they will "bounce" around causing vision problems. I don't think I'm holding my breath it all happens too quickly
doesn't happen on my other bikes but none of them go like the Triple
I'll be 60 soon but damned if I'm ready to slow down

drlapo

Hooligan
I gave it some more thought
due to an accident more than 40 year ago my lung capacity is only 60% of normal and I have asthma; maybe I'm not breathing (having too much fun)
I'll grab a cigar and a scotch and think on it some more

tribear

Street Tracker
Now you're talkin'! Did you come up with anything while puffin' on that cigar and sippin' on that Scotch?
Ya, go for a ride and be aware of your breathing. You may have found the culprit! Good luck man.
Chuck

Stagger Lee

Street Tracker
be careful about which doctor you talk too about this problem, I have heard of some doctors taking people's driving license away from them.

good luck :)

gilligan

Scooter
Now I know why I stick with an America. Those speed triples are just to bleeping fast. Probably a ton of fun however. Is the front wheel on the ground when you're accelerating or is it sticking up in the air? Maybe that's the problem.

Mats

Two Stroke
Shame on me for not lookin' into the triple section before.
This is the first thread I looked at here and it had me laughin' out loud!
When I get older I'll get me a Speed Triple too. I already would've but it'd look stupid with knobby tyres...

drlapo

Hooligan
I put the SP3 up for the winter and will ride my Thruxton and BMW for a while longer this year
Saturday night I gave it some stick but quit around 3/4 throttle
I'll revisit the problem in the spring

TonUp

Street Tracker
Interesting!

I rode a GSXR-1000 last month and It made my Speed Triple feel slow! :)

Ton Up!