Geezer Newbe (is that an oxymoron?)

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
So how you folks doin'?
Mike Britton here, in Texas. Just bought an'06 Scrambler, so I thought I'd jump in.
I've owned several early Triumphs, at the time I have a'68 Bonneville "bitsa", soon to be sold, and a'56 Thunderbird flattracker my wife bought for me in '69. I still have it. Always will.
I've wanted a Scrambler since '06 when they came out, and when I got the chance I jumped. I have about 125 miles on it in the week I've owned it, and I'm a happy boy! It's sweet!
Retired from John Deere Dallas in '04, and never looked back. It's just as well, as most of my time is spent taking care of my wife Cris, a stage four colon cancer survivor. She is doing pretty well, and wanted me to have the Scrambler as a diversion. An absolutly marvelous woman.
So...I'm not real savvy on forum etiquette,so expect me to stumble occasionally. But I mean well! Mike :wazzup::wazzup:

whyme

TT Racer
Welcome Mike. Sorry to hear about your troubles....a Scrambler is one fine diversion machine to have!

strokerlmt

Hey Mike....
Jump in...don't worry about the folks here, tell it like it is and "press on".
Tough haul with your wife and grt on you for doing what you are doing.
People here are good people.
Welcome,
LMT

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Welcome to the forum Mike. Glad you found your way here.

I bought my 2002 Bonnie Centennial in early 2009. I bought it as a diversion after I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It is still serving that purpose well just over 2 years later while the cancer has now spread to my bones and lymph nodes. Not laying down though and ride whenever and wherever I can.

Give your wife a big hug for me.

Wobbly (Rod)

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
Rod,
Thanks. Crissie sends her love. I was lucky with my prostate cancer, I was diagnosed wayyy early, and radiation took care of it. I'm five years out, and a P.S.A. of .06.
Sometimes I feel kind of guilty, mine was a piece of cake, and folks like you and Cris are wading in it. Godspeed my friend.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Welcome Mike. Bonnies are a nice diversion. I am reliving my wasted youth. What better bike than a new bonnie. By the way, 1/2 the guys in here are reliving their wasted youth.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Welcome to the forum Mike and I am sorry to hear about the situation with your wife. The Bonnies are addicting and are a blast to ride...sheer fun. I'm jealous you had a '68 though...I want to treat myself to a '61 when I am all done with the AF in a couple of years

koifarm

Hooligan
Wasted youth ???

Not sure my youth was "wasted" but will review my life choices and see where and if and when I went wrong, I can always make up for lost time.....:lol2::D

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
Thanks all. Yaknow....if I had to make a choice between my '68 and the new Scrambler, the new bike would win hands down. It does everything smoother, and with less fuss, and mess, than the old queen. And when you consider that I'll spend more time riding the new bike than working on it, it's a win all around.
As soon as the old bike is sorted out and made legal again, it will start going with me to the swap meets. I don't need the money, and it's important to me that it goes to someone who will kep it and play with it instead of just flipping it.
I guess Cris will just have to bury the pre-unit with me. I've had it since '69.
Geeeze, am I having fun!