Gaiters???

DavidC

Rocker
Did you try the photo sticky, "I'll show you mine if you...."? Cancel that - try the first photo of the Thrux thread - viola, a Thrux with gaiters.

Last edited:

AJDay

Scooter
Sure... if you want to do it the easy way....

I think I'm convinced, it makes the front end look "meatier", I am going to do last winter's project this year for sure...

MOSES

750cc
I think there the same ones I have on my Bonnie. There Beefy lookin compared to most. I like em, and they serve there purpose.
I can take a pic but it have to be manana.

Here ya go...
IMG_5010.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

I have some Euro Gaiters http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc106.htm Sitting in the box at home, and can't decide if I want to put them on the Thrux.

Does anyone have a picture of a black Thruxton with these gaiters?

DavidC

Rocker
Is Middletown anywhere near Fort Dix?

Dix is about one hour away, maybe less. I ride out in that area pretty often - some nice country backroads there. They put the convicted politicians of New Jersey in the jail there, but I think they are going to need a bigger army base soon!:D

AJDay

Scooter
I'm in Morristown, I keep the bike in my parent's garage near Princeton, so I ride mostly around there.

Bonniebret

Rocker
If they're still in the box I would recommend sending them back and getting the Triumph ones. From what I've heard the others sag over time. I have the Triumph ones and they look great after being on a year.

dirtydutch

Scooter
i know you are looking at bellacorse but these are the triumph brand gaitors for comparisons sake. i agree that the bellacorse are beefier. i should have gone that route.
web.jpg

Bonniebret

Rocker
i know you are looking at bellacorse but these are the triumph brand gaitors for comparisons sake. i agree that the bellacorse are beefier. i should have gone that route.

The weight from the extra material and pleats is what causes the sag. I'm just saying...

boboso

Scooter
If they're still in the box I would recommend sending them back and getting the Triumph ones. From what I've heard the others sag over time. I have the Triumph ones and they look great after being on a year.

Mine (non-Triumph) are fine after more than a year on the bike... no slipping etc.

DSC_0044.jpg

IronButtJack

Scooter
Well, since everyone else is posting their Black Bonnies with fork gaiters, I'll put some of mine up too.

Attachments

• IMG00022med.jpg
    IMG00022med.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00035med.jpg
    IMG00035med.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 0
WTF are you talking about? I've had Eurogaitors on my bike for over two years now, and they look as good as the day I bought em. BTW, the Eurogaiters fit so good, they don't even need zip ties to hold them in place. Can you say the same?

IronButtJack

Scooter
Hey Gary,

I've got the Triumph gaitors. Mark helped me pull the wheel and get them on. No problems at all.

I just got the chrome fender last month. It was backordered from Triumph for so long that I had forgotten all about it until it showed up. The fork brace is integrated to the chrome fender with rivets, unlike the stock fender/brace setup with screws.

Since I didn't want to have to use a lift to remove the wheel and go through all that hassle to swap fenders, I let the air out of the tire, using cargo straps to depress it just under the fork brace mount. A little elbow grease and a working air compressor got it together in just an hour or so.

Bonniebret

Rocker
WTF are you talking about? I've had Eurogaitors on my bike for over two years now, and they look as good as the day I bought em. BTW, the Eurogaiters fit so good, they don't even need zip ties to hold them in place. Can you say the same?

All I was doing was passing on the advice that was given to me when I was getting ready to buy mine. Glad to hear others have had good experiences with other brands. Oh, and yes, I can say the same.