Fuzzy Ass Seat

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Can't really tell how fuzzy that seat is, but my own seat is fuzzy enough don't need the bike reciprocating.:wave:

normandy

Street Tracker
Too much info indeed. To try and answer your query, if it is scotch-guarded or waterproofed in some way you can use the back of your hand like a squeegee and squeeze out as much water as you can , carry a towel and you will prolly still get a wet ass tho.

Bonafide

NBR founder
ahhh ... think that Red tricked out Thruxton the Triumph trailer had on display during the Barber vintage days was sportin one of those. It had a suede type Thruxton seat on it.

mikenva

Rocker
There might be a reason for that it might not get as hot in the sun as the other triumph gel seats do who knows.

koifarm

Hooligan
Hmm, I noticed they stated in the advert that it comes with a "rain cover" and that likely means that it should not be exposed to moisture.....PIA if you have to cover the seat every time you park. On the other hand, it might keep the cooties from being an issue if someone sat on it while you were away.

Iceseven

750cc
Seems kind of silly to carry around a rain cover for your seat, harkens back to the days of the sixtyeight stuff (not really functional).

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
Sounds like it could be a PIA if you have to carry a raincover (in addition to whatever else you carry) and start thinking about what's happening with your seat whenever the weather changes. I find that so much head-space can be used up thinking about motorcycling, and so the less I have to think of carrying/ looking after on the bike the more I can just enjoy riding. But if you're really into a velveteen finish and don't mind the trouble - go for it!

Seems kind of silly to carry around a rain cover for your seat, harkens back to the days of the sixtyeight stuff (not really functional).

Since you brought up some of the sixtyeight stuff not being functional.
Not to mention just about every bit of it being fuckin ugly.

Can any one tell me what the hell any one would want one of those head light
covers for?
I don't get it???

Bill

koifarm

Hooligan
Hmm, just had the thought that the fuzzy seat just might be nice if you were riding in the nude.....not that I do that, but some of you might.....however KingBear's daughter has he answer..TMI..no need for those of you nudists to expound on the matter....hahahahaha

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
covers for?
I don't get it???

Bill

Yeah, it's a mystery to me too. Even from a purely profiteering and greed point of view, you'd think Triumph would at least offer some plausible reason why any of us would want to buy any of that stupid-looking, overpriced shit in the first place. :hurt:

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Since you brought up some of the sixtyeight stuff not being functional.
Not to mention just about every bit of it being fuckin ugly.

covers for?
I don't get it???

Bill

The only use I can figure is if you ride gravel roads alot! Even then if you're having problems with rocks chips you probably should hang back just a bit further.:d