funny griding noise?????

phil

Street Tracker
I've noticed the past couple of days a funny grinding noise on the bonne, I have a stock 2010 bonne se.. the noise only seems to happen when I slow down or if I turn, I've checked the brakes, rotors, chain and even the center drive and watched them both on the center stand when the bike is running and of course the bike will only make the noise when I'm riding it:mad2: so its making a little it frustrating to try and diagnose, it kinda like a "bbbbbbuuuurrrppp" type of noise, it doesn't affected the performance or anything on the bike that I know of.. but it all seems to be fine... does anybody have some suggestions.. I don't think its anything bad , i hope... just wondering what it could be.. or if I'm just being paranoid... thanks guys..

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR REAR DISC IS FIRMLY ATTACHED TO THE HUB!!!!

I had the same symptom for a long time and finally, *after* Bennington it was worse and I was like "I'm gonna figure out what's causing this!" Scary-boo!

phil

Street Tracker
o.k thanks bluej , I noticed you had a similar post, with similar a noise, the rear disc were gonna be my next ones to check. did the noise only do it when you were riding? beacause I can't make it do it on its own...?

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Take it to your dealer so they can document the noise. Could come to haunt you after warranty is up and having it documented might help you out down the road paying for some expensive repair.
Hope ya figure it out.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
o.k thanks bluej , I noticed you had a similar post, with similar a noise, the rear disc were gonna be my next ones to check. did the noise only do it when you were riding? beacause I can't make it do it on its own...?

The noise I only noticed at low speeds in sharp-ish turns, at first, and chalked it up to a slight dragging of the rear brake. By the time I found the problem, I could hold the caliper and wiggle it a noticable amount. The screws holding the rotor on were all backed out about halfway.

phil

Street Tracker
The noise I only noticed at low speeds in sharp-ish turns, at first, and chalked it up to a slight dragging of the rear brake. By the time I found the problem, I could hold the caliper and wiggle it a noticable amount. The screws holding the rotor on were all backed out about halfway.

hey! bluej I've checked the brake and nothing until tonite after my ride i spun the tire and hear it.... do you think it could be the chain being to tight? , the noise seem to be coming from the chain..??? what do think??

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Well the chain is easy to check. In the middle of the bottom of it, you should be able to push it up an inch or so. Much more than that is too loose, much less is too tight.

Maybe it's time to let the dealer look it over....

bonZa

Street Tracker
how old is your chain?. mine was making a grinding noise at low speeds
replaced the cahin and sprockets now all ok. it had 50,000 kilometers on it

KingBear

Hooligan
That reminds me, I need to tighten my chain. It's making that same noise.

Update:
Saturday morning - tightened chain, chattering noise gone as is the jerkiness on take-off.

Last edited: