Fuel Injected vs. Carbs..

Hey everyone, I am new to this site, I have been eyeing getting a Thruxton for quite sometime now, but for now I am just a spectator...

As far as my questions goes, with the new 09 models switching to fuel injected, in your opinion which is better. I know I want at least an 08, for I would like to take my bike on trips, and the clubman style bars are far more forgiving on my back. What are your thoughts, pros and cons of both EFI and Carbs..

drlapo

Hooligan
buy one, either one, but buy it NOW!
even if it has to dwell in your dining room over the winter
like a colonoscopy this is not something to delay

KingBear

Hooligan
...like a colonoscopy this is not something to delay
Yeah, I know I used to show up at the medical center after business hours and press my nose against the window, eagerly anticipating the day that I would have a colonoscopy of my very own. :sheephqr:

All depends on what your wants and needs are ! Doesn't sound like you have any concerns about the Carb vs EFI modles ,but more on the riding positions that the Clip-on's vs Clubman have.

I have to say at first the aggressive riding position of the clip-on's were a bit of a shock ,but you would be surprised at how fast you grow to love it !!

In the end just GET ONE and join the Club !!!!

dave1068

Two Stroke
I have a carb's thruxton but technology being what it is, I think the efi might be better. Easier starting, no carbs, choke to adjust and should be easier to start in the cold. I think most bikes now are FI. Purists may bitch about FI, but I think its here to stay.

I might wait till the 2nd year so the wrinkles can be ironed out.

Either way, a thrux is a great choice