Frustrating and weird

strokerlmt

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK.....I went for a "hard" run. Warmed her up real good...so ran her up several times did the 100+++ and all was really really good. Stopped on the way home and had a cold one....went out to start and whirrrrr barely got started. Got home the welds have broken on the main drive gear because I grd them down to much. So ....off the cover comes....clean everything....this time grind out the joint area and re weld.....
LMT

strokerlmt

Why did you grind them down?

When I mated the sprag clutch gear it seemed like it was uneven. I did a wonderful even grind job and just weakened the whole fucking job. So learn from everything. This time I am going to the guru of welding and I will get a nice even weld 360 degrees and just leave it alone.
LMT

strokerlmt

There's a photo of a weld repair job on the link in my post 27, Guess you didn't read it.

Hi plo....no I did look at the picture...I just fucked up by getting smart and grinding very nice flat beads first time. Just got back from the re weld job and the guru did a tremendous job. So back together tonight.

BTW.....It all is clear now for this slow learner. When this all started I had been caught in the rain and the bike started to surge on the way home. Then the whirrrrr. I drained the carbs and thought I saw water. Then had to deal with the primary gear. Reality is no water, the surging was the primary gear braking loose from the crank shaft.

LMT

strokerlmt

thx to everyone.....back together runs like a charm. The welds make no difference with bolting the sprag back on. Good to have her running again.
LMT