Front rim size possibilities?

79t140

Scooter
I am looking at purchasing a newer Bonneville. These of course, have 17 inch front and rears. I want to get aluminum rims, spoked for both. I would like the front to be bigger. How large can I go and still clear the front fender? Can the fender be raised?
Thanks

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Sure anything is possible, even if it is not the most practical solution. I'm not trying to be a dick, but what you are proposing seems to me to be a bit back to front... do you have a mag wheel bonnie that you will be getting for super cheap? A few more details would help.

But in answer to your actual question, if I wanted to put a 19" spoked front wheel on I think I would buy forks and a front wheel from Pinwall and then sell the mag wheel and original forks...

Savantjk

Street Tracker
I've read that when guys swap the spoked wheels to the bonnie mag wheels there are some spacing issues.. so if going from the mag wheels to the bonnie spoked wheels 19"f/17"r I'd imagine you'd have the spacing issues. It's been done before. I've seen it on the other forum, I believe. The t100 would just save time, effort, and cash unless you found a set of used wheels for a good deal.

79t140

Scooter
Yes, I have a good deal lined up on a standard Bonneville. I also don't like the chrome engine on the T100's. I have a 79 T140 and I have aftermarket rims on it. I'm going for a similar look. Just looking to see if there if there is space to make a bigger wheel fit.
Thanks

loxpump

Rocker
Yes, I have a good deal lined up on a standard Bonneville. I also don't like the chrome engine on the T100's. I have a 79 T140 and I have aftermarket rims on it. I'm going for a similar look. Just looking to see if there if there is space to make a bigger wheel fit.
Thanks

The standard Bonneville's don't have chrome side covers.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I am looking at purchasing a newer Bonneville. These of course, have 17 inch front and rears. I want to get aluminum rims, spoked for both. I would like the front to be bigger. How large can I go and still clear the front fender? Can the fender be raised?
Thanks

1) If you're looking at one the Mag Wheel bikes with 17" rims, you'd have to fabricate brackets to raise the front fender, the mounting posts on the lower fork leg sliders are lower than on the bikes that came with larger rims.

2) Are you wanting to do this for looks, or why? You realize the bike is not going to handle as well going to a larger diameter front wheel...