Front Hub clear coat

Skidmark

Scooter
Hi all,
I have what looks like worm marks in the clear coat on my front hub. The bike is still inside the two year warranty period. Has anyone successfully claimed for this on warranty or I am I just being fussy and should learn to live with it?
Bikes a 50th Anniversary Bonnie and it is regularly cleaned but used most days to commute, it has 8,000 kms on it.

I have the same thing on my 08 Thruxton and did nothing, it doesn’t seem to be getting worst.
Skiddy

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Skid,
I haven't seen what you describe on my '09 T100.
A couple of questions...
Have you tried rubbing the clearcoat out with a very mild polish? The clear may simply be topically stained. Also...do you keep the hubs clean regularly and with any wax on them 'em? Dirt and brake dust build up left unattended will harm clearcoat over time.

As to joy with your dealer...hard to predict because each dealer is different in their interpretation of what constitutes warranty. I believe it will depend on them, the way you present the issue to them and your previous relationship with them in terms of how much money you spend there. :)
Good Luck.
Can you post a pic of your issue?

Hi all,
I have what looks like worm marks in the clear coat on my front hub. The bike is still inside the two year warranty period. Has anyone successfully claimed for this on warranty

Yes, my complete front wheel was replaced within six months of buying the bike because of corrosion under the clear coat on the front hub. The same problem has reappeared on the replacement wheel as well, although it took a little longer to appear this time, but I didn't bother to make a second claim. It seems that the earlier bikes do not suffer from this problem so something changed with the build process to cause the problem and Triumph is aware of it.

Skidmark

Scooter
Claim submitted

I took it to Team Moto at Virginia Queensland and they seemed to be happy to make a claim. They said they hope to have a response from Triumph by early next week and a replacement wheel is in Melbourne.
The hub is not listed as a separate part.
So I can wait and see.

I have been quoted $115 to strip the wheel and then rebuild it with the same parts including refitting tyre, which seems a bargin. And $150 - 200 to strip the clear coat and polish the hub.

List price is $1600 for the wheel assembly.
All prices in Oz $ at A$1=US0.92 so the wheel = about US$1475.

So If I don't get a warranty ok I know which way I am going.

Skiddy

tezza

Street Tracker
hey skiddy theres been a front and rear on ebay for $300.00 each (new) west oz i think.another option i you get no joy from triumph

redual

Scooter
I'm interested to see how this is resolved. I've also got the 'worms' creeping under the clear coat on the front hub. Went to the dealers today where they took photos to send to Triumph....

Skidmark

Scooter
hub only

I just got a call from the dealer that they have ok'd replacement of the hub only and the hub is on order. They are slightly confused as the hub is not listed as a seperate part just a whole wheel. Anyway they plan to rebuild my wheel once the hub arrives so it sounds like a good result, and assuming it actually happens, thank you Triumph.

Skiddy

Skidmark

Scooter
All done,
I took it in yesteday there was a new hub on the counter. They strppied the wheel, relaced it onto new hub and refitted the tyre. I also had a service and they threw in oil and filter FoC, no idea why.
So I am a happy bunny.

Thanks Team Moto and Triumph one happy customer

Skiddy