free ride

MattRat

TT Racer
they keep scheduling these when I'm out of town. I'll be in Virginia that weekend watching USC stomp the shit out of Virginia.....

drlapo

Hooligan
Friday 8/29/08: great weather, not too crowded got to ride 3 bikes:
Rocket Touring; now I know why t\Todd has that silly grin on his face, wow what a comfortable and easy handling machine, great brakes and oh that torque. not at all heavy once its moving
Sprint, a very light handling bike, good but not great power, very linier but no hit anywher, dead silent no intalke or exhaust sound at all, slight helmet buffeting over 80 mph i woudl ocnider it for a touring bike for sure
Scrambler, have to pas on this one, serious lack of HP, I do not like the 270 engine it shakes at low rpm, another bike without sound; this one must have aftermarket pipes!, brakes were OK but uneven and the tires suck
saw the 09 Bonneville SE, blue and white, with tach on a wrinkle balck "dash" Thruxton mufflers, 17' cast wheels ,cut down seat, nice bike: $9200!!!
wanted to ride the std Boinne but ran out of time
Gengras does have a leftover 07 Ducati GT100 in black and cream for $8995; I.m thikng about it
riidng back on Rt 2 at 10 pm on moonless night reminded me that I have ben riding that route on a bike for 40+ years. started on a 67 BSA B25 went I went to Central in New Britain
the Thruxton was purring at 80-mph I've made good and bad choices in my life and bikes are one of the best

and where the hell were you guys?????

Last edited:

simpson

TT Racer
(snipped)
...riding back on Rt 2 at 10 pm on moonless night reminded me that I have ben riding that route on bike for 40+ years. started on a 67 BSA B25 went I went to Central in New Britain
the Thruxotn was purring at 80-mph I've made good and bad choices in my life and bikes are one of the best

and where the hell were you guys?????

That is where I want to be in a few years...maybe not geographically, but figuratively. :ride:

-simpson

drlapo

Hooligan
also sat on 09 Thruxton with "regular" bars
they are like Hyde M bars but are 1" and use the std Bonneville controls
very "natural" positon
should appease the clip on bashers

Speed Triple in flat black; does nothing for me

Thruxton with the Arrow 2 into 1 ; looks and sounds good but the left side is bare and looks lonely

if you are there today ride the white Street Triple with the arrow exhuast everyone was raving about it

gilligan

Scooter
Did they let you test the bikes at a good pace? I did two test rides at the old Canton Cycles. The first was a BMW ride sponsorded by the dealer. The ride leader had a Ninja and rode at a nice quick pace. The second was the Triumph Demo truck (rode a scrambler) and I would be suprised if we ever got above 45 mph. Fortunately when I test rode the America at Gengras, they sent me out with one guy and he was on a ducati and rode at a good clip. Always fun to test ride new bikes.

drlapo

Hooligan
the "loop" was around 20 miles and varied each time
started with city streets to limited access higway to back roads to highway to city streets; got up to 90 mph and even passed some cars
it was a good ride and FREE!

Last edited: