found website

DIRK

750cc
yes this is a good place if you live far from a local dealer. however they will not care if you have a problem and need your local dealer. oh wait you bought all your stuff on line and your local dealer is gone, now what are you going to do?

dschief

750cc
I've used Bike Bandit since 2001. They were about the only place I could buy new parts for my Yamaha's since the local Yama-robber parts counter turd didn't know what the hell a R5 was. "Don't you mean R6?"
Bike Bandit has only had Triumph parts for about 5 years now, and I do order some parts from them when I'm not in a hurry. No sales tax to MD, AMA discount, but you do have to pay shipping. I end up looking up the part numbers I need myself, whether at the dealer or at Bike Bandit, and the dealer requires 2 trips so the shipping is a wash compared to driving/riding to the dealership.

evileye

Scooter
I guess you made me aware . Hoping to get a speedmaster in the near future so i think i'll just keep a low profile here until that day comes .

Dave

Street Tracker
evileye, check out bonnevilleamerica.com for all your America/Speedmaster info needs

dschief

750cc
I guess you made me aware . Hoping to get a speedmaster in the near future so i think i'll just keep a low profile here until that day comes .

Ah, just join in when you feel like it. Some people are just "know-it-all's" and like to to show it every chance they get.
I learn something new every day. Usually, I learn that I don't know shit.

evileye

Scooter
Well it's just the idea i don't want people to feel that i'm wasting there time answering to someone who doesn't even have a bike yet but i really appreciate everyones input .

Nick Morey

Rocker
There's nothing wrong with posting something you've discovered, evileye. Bikebandit is a good resource to find that oddball part you may wonder about price or namewise. It deserves to be reiterated, especially for anyone who doesn't know about it yet. It's true they are slow to get parts to you but, they are stilll a good resource tool.

I think most will agree you''re welcome to chime in anytime.

dschief

750cc
Another thing Bike Bandit is handy for is comparing prices, especially if you are an Ebay whore like me.

zmilin

Street Tracker
I use bikebandit for the exploded views, part # comparisons, curiosity, etc....
Used to order parts through them before I found a better dealer. Now I give my dealer the business BUT if that relationship ever goes away its good to know theres a source.

tribear

Street Tracker
Nick Morey posted:
There's nothing wrong with posting something you've discovered, evileye. Bikebandit is a good resource to find that oddball part you may wonder about price or namewise. It deserves to be reiterated, especially for anyone who doesn't know about it yet. It's true they are slow to get parts to you but, they are stilll a good resource tool.

I think most will agree you''re welcome to chime in anytime.

True dat. Welcome evileye.

Last edited:

tg8058

Scooter
Hi all, I have a 2007 Speedmaster and I want to convert the current setup with risers and America handlebars (really like the different look of the mixed bike..personal choice, I know). I believe I will need to buy the cables with the bars as the Speed's will be too short, can anyone tell me if this is right and do I need to change the whole yolk etc? I'm not that mechanically "wise", can follow pics(big, clear pics!!!) but the rest is a struggle...Hard to find the information re: width of bar for either bike..is it the same, does the america bar fit into risers bought for the Speeds etc. Any help would be appreciated..including a good place to buy that does international postage. First time here so I hope I'm posting my question in the right place
Thanks

Last edited: