Folks with LSL rearsets...

I installed them today, and they seem to be working fine, but does it appear that I have the bushing correct to the ball joint, and if not, could you post a photo of yours?

There's a bit of side to side play and the screw seems too long for the locking nut. Again, I'll bet I've done something wrong. Thanks.
CIMG0553.jpg

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
How Mine is SETUP

:beer:Move the part next too the nut on the other side of the ball joint eg the first part of the bolt before the length that attaches to the rod that connects to the brake reserviour(opposite side of the lever for the brake), that is how I have mine setup and they have been checked by a mechanic. I have had them on for over a year and they are great. You will still get movement due to the bracket and brake reserviour however this is quite normal. Hope this helps mate check the pic below buddy kindest regards Ben Dickens

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
:beer:Move the part next too the nut on the other side of the ball joint eg the first part of the bolt before the length that attaches to the rod that connects to the brake reserviour(opposite side of the lever for the brake), that is how I have mine setup and they have been checked by a mechanic. I have had them on for over a year and they are great. You will still get movement due to the bracket and brake reserviour however this is quite normal. Hope this helps mate check the pic below buddy kindest regards Ben Dickens

I can't tell from your pics, forgive me. But do you mean to move it so that the flat side of the bushing is facing and touching the back of the brake pedal? And the locking nut is on the other side by itself? Thanks mate!
Like this?
locked.jpg

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Yep mate thats it, it is hard to explain but you got it well done. You will still get a bit of play but thats the way its engineered. I have had no drama's after using them for over one year. Glad I could help Kind Regards Ben Dickens

neuroboy

750cc
you're gonna love those. if you're on a bonnie be sure to pair the rearsets with clubman bars like the hyde ace bars. it's really nice position.

did you get the shifter sorted? I remember having a slight issue getting a good angle on it because the engine case was obstructing the ability to tight down the screw when I had the shifter lever at the angle I wanted.

you're gonna love those. if you're on a bonnie be sure to pair the rearsets with clubman bars like the hyde ace bars. it's really nice position.

did you get the shifter sorted? I remember having a slight issue getting a good angle on it because the engine case was obstructing the ability to tight down the screw when I had the shifter lever at the angle I wanted.

Thanks! I had to fuss about making the gearshift rod longer. I originally had it adjusted too short, so I couldn't tighten the gearshift lever knob. Now all is right---I hope! I've been using the NH Ace Bars for a while, and I love how it changed the attitude of the bike.

Thanks to all who answered my PMs. Ninja K was especially helpful, since he took some photos for me.

Here's what the bike looks like now.

CIMG0617.jpg

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I have Ace Bars 7/8 from British Customs and the riding position is fantastic, so I would agree that along with the rearsets you should change your bars but see how you go, you might be extreamly happy.:beer::kewl:

Attachments

• IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1083.jpg
    IMG_1083.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
I have Ace Bars 7/8 from British Customs and the riding position is fantastic, so I would agree that along with the rearsets you should change your bars but see how you go, you might be extreamly happy.:beer::kewl:

Your bike is very, very nice, Benjamin! Love those stripes. I have the NH Ace Bars. I've been enjoying them, but I'd like to figure out which bars are on the LSL Tridays Custom Bonneivlle.

They're sort of like th NH M bars, but seem more narrow. I'm sure they're LSL bars, I just don't know which type.

Attachments

• triumph-bonneville-c-1w.jpg
    triumph-bonneville-c-1w.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ninja K

Two Stroke
You should try putting risers on like I did. Actually helps out a lot and still maintains that Cafe look LOL

Those look like the stock bars fro the Thrux once they moved away from clip-ons.

When I tried the stock thruxton bars, I could see the knurls---I think the risers are spaced further apart on the T100. I'd love some bars with that look, but no more that 26 inches wide.

I think my Ace Bars are growing on me with the LSLs. I may just have to get accustomed to being that far over the bike. I'm sort of tall.

I can't fathom how the LSLs could feel so good. They shift, for me anyway, far nicer than the OEMs.

78gold

Two Stroke
Rearsets

Look Great,
I start my installation Saturday week.
Been running the Laverda adjustable bars and think I need the rearsets to give me a more comfy riding position.
Those pics were very helpfull as I have no instructions. lol.
Ride Safe
Nigel

Look Great,
I start my installation Saturday week.
Been running the Laverda adjustable bars and think I need the rearsets to give me a more comfy riding position.
Those pics were very helpfull as I have no instructions. lol.
Ride Safe
Nigel

CIMG0559.jpg

Be mindful of this plastic plug. I couldn't get my side cover on when I included it. The instructions read, "mount plastic plug with it's head facing towards air box." I don't see a real use for it, but I could be wrong, since I'm no mechanic.

I modified my side cover a bit anyway. I was uncomfortable with how tightly the brake line was pushed against it, so I cut a wee crescent out of it and used touch up paint to make it look nice.

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
That is exactly what I have done chris good work, I didnt recieve plastic plugs with mine enjoy your rearsets kindest regards Ben

Did you feel the need to mod your cover a bit too, Benjamin? My brake line, even rotated as far as I could go towards the air box, was so inflexible and bound against that side cover. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier!!

I noticed, and was surprised, that in these pics, about the same angle, it seems the Bonneville LSL rearsets put the pegs a little further back than the LSL for the Thruxton.

Attachments

• thruxbonnie.jpg
    thruxbonnie.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Did you feel the need to mod your cover a bit too, Benjamin? My brake line, even rotated as far as I could go towards the air box, was so inflexible and bound against that side cover. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier!!

I noticed, and was surprised, that in these pics, about the same angle, it seems the Bonneville LSL rearsets put the pegs a little further back than the LSL for the Thruxton.

Yep its still a tight fit even with a little mod to the side cover but it seems to have no impact on the use or fatigue of the covers in any case. The more you mess with the sidecover I think the more of a perfect fit you will get, however I think its all down to the brake reserviour bracket as it develops a flex. Take the cover off and press your brake lever and watch the flex. My mechanic who I trust and who has worked on bikes both custom and stock said that its a bit of a design flaw however it doesn't effect use or longevity of the components in use. Hope this helps CHEERS Ben

daleCarlsbad

Scooter
I had the Ace bars installed with Norman Hyde rear sets. Decided to try the newer Thruxton bars......I like these alot more.

IMG_0017-3.jpg

IMG_0016-3.jpg

IMG_0015-4.jpg

As installed on my Bonnie.

805733d7.jpg

Last edited: