Fly screen

ScramblerWarsaw

Two Stroke
"Colour coded sports screen for added wind protection and style, comes colour matched to enhance the look of your Bonneville Scrambler."

have you ever seen any Scrambler with - for example - orange oraz other colour genuine parts fly screen???
I have chosen white one.
BR

Old_Eric

Scooter
May I ask you, more experienced Scrambler riders, is there any real effect from the fly screen? I mean the effect on fuel consumption. I've rode hundreds of kms at speed 100 km/h without being bothered any way by the wind resistance. Only at speed 120 km/h and over the wind resistanve becomes disturbing.

blacktiger

Scooter
May I ask you, more experienced Scrambler riders, is there any real effect from the fly screen? I mean the effect on fuel consumption. I've rode hundreds of kms at speed 100 km/h without being bothered any way by the wind resistance. Only at speed 120 km/h and over the wind resistanve becomes disturbing.

With the screen I can comfortably maintain 80mph into a head wind. For such a small screen it seems to make quite a big difference. You can adjust the angle of the screen by simply bending the mounting brackets.

scolepdx

Scooter
I love the Dart flyscreen I put on mine. I think it helps quite a bit for me. Before I put it on anything over 60 mph was rough, now it's much better. Seems like it took all the wind blast off my chest. I think it looks sweet too.

taw1126

Scooter
have you ever seen any Scrambler with - for example - orange oraz other colour genuine parts fly screen???
I just ordered one in Aluminum Silver. I thought about getting the Roulette Green flyscreen to match my tank but I didn't think it would look "right" over the Aluminum Silver fender.

Hopefully this small (but pricey) part will shield me from some of the windblast I've experienced at 70 - 75 mph in headwinds. The bare bike doesn't seem bad at those speeds on protected back roads but I don't enjoy freeway runs at those speeds at all.

When I phoned my dealer for a price on the genuine Scrambler flyscreen, he happened to mention that he had a white one in stock brought in years ago for a blue and white Scram. Off course I reminded him that he would never sell it as nobody in the right mind is going to bolt it on to a bike of any other colour. BTW, what's the normal price I asked. $280 he replied but you can have the white one for our cost... let's see, how does $200 sound? I told him he was dreamin at $200 so offered him $150. Awe, can't do that he squirmed!

Anyway, long story short, I thought about it for a day or two and imagined how a white flyscreen would look on a black Scram. The more I thought about it the more it seemed like a good idea so down I went to the Triumph shop and handed over my $200. The look has really grown on me now to the point I'm thinkin it looks akin to a motoX bike with the mandatory white numberplate! :)

How does it work? OK up to a point. For day trips and maybe a short blast up the freeway it's just OK (better than not having it on) however for the long haul adventure stuff you would probably need something bigger unless you were content to cruise around the 100 mark (60mph). As someone suggested, it might work a little better if the brackets were bent to create a more upright angle so I will try this before the next ride.

Scrambler009-1.jpg

Last edited:
My mileage got worse, but my bike got faster with the Dart screen.

It's because I get on and stay on the throttle. Without the wind push, it just feels better to go fast.

whyme

TT Racer
I'm going to paint mine....any help on a match for the Silver? Usually you can find close matches in rattlecans

blacktiger

Scooter
As someone suggested, it might work a little better if the brackets were bent to create a more upright angle so I will try this before the next ride.

Actually I bent mine up and back with more angle. It's never going to be a touring barn door type fairing but I find it's good up to 80mph for short stretches. It made my 3300 miles tour around Europe bearable this year. Can't say if it's better than any other screen or worth the money as it came with the bike.