Flat Tire, Open Headers, Playing Hookie & the Arrow Exhaust system for the Bonneville

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
Yesterday was a pretty good day, although it didn't start out looking that way.

• Let my newly licensed 16 yo son drive my Jeep to school.
  • Discovered I had a flat tire on my stock '04 790 Bonneville and no way to work.
  • Unleashed my inner mechanical skills and was able to disassemble replace and reassemble.
  • Took a brief but thrilling and eye-opening spin on the open header Bonnie. WOW! It ran well and pulled like I have never experienced before on this bike.
  • Decided to blow off the entire work day and make the hour+ ride to the nearest Triumph dealer (Life Cycle in Kalamazoo, MI).
  • Test rode an '08 Bonneville with bar end mirrors and the Arrow Exhaust System for the Bonneville. Mirrors were great, the exhaust sound was incredible and the power was amazing. Price of admission (for the exhaust system) is $1200. I so want it!
  • Talked to the owner for nearly an hour about his 7th consecutive annual trip to "Burning Man". I am so going!
  • Made dinner for my family, and it was delicious.

It was a good day. An eye-opening good day.

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
Nice. Wednesday the 20th was my 25th wedding anniversary.Got up to some nice heavy rain.
Went to work,in the rain all day.
Got called on an emergency and ended up working a few hours OT.
Came home,took a shower,had two toasted PB&J english muffins,went to garage and sat on my new steel seat pan for a couple minutes,then watched "Ghost Hunters" with the wife [anybody else wish a ghost would come out and smite that twit Andy from the face of the earth?]
Kissed her good night and went to sleep.
Mr. Excitement.

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
Man... 25 years. I think my wife is going to kill me long before that! If not it might be the other way around! Congrats to both of you!

Ya ..sorry GD didn't mean to steal your post, I just it was cool that we both
go sentenced on the same day 25 years ago. :D

Bill
PS.
50 on December

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
Alright, might as well go with it then.

My wife and I will celebrate 20 years of wedded bliss on September 3.

No bullshit.

How 'bout those Arrow pipes?

rodburner

Rocker
I`ve never seen any in person,but the pics look pretty darn good..But then again,I`m partial to the cobbled together 100 dollar or less sets.
Dadsbikepics1927.jpg

Congrats on 20 next week too.