First impressions

Beiciwr

Scooter
Well I've had the Bonnie T100 for nearly a week now, and done 100 miles or so on it.
I read comments about the poor stock rear suspension but I've no issue with it.
And some say the seat is hard. Again, no problem for me.

It's very different from my previous bike - a Bandit 1250 - but I feel closer to the action on this; it has a more raw feel, which I like.
It also seems to want to stay upright without any persuasion, which can't be bad.
It's actually done all I've asked of it this week, and it gets a massive thumbs up.
Moreover the wife really likes the lower pillion position. (And she thinks the Bonnie is the "most beautiful" bike I've had. OK, so there is plenty of chrome.)

The forecast is good for the next few days, so I'm going to enjoy it some more.
Serious grin factor. :up:

ByTheLake

moped
I can relate. I read many forum posts about the Bonneville before I bought my 2014 T100 in March, but after 750 miles, I have no urges to drill out the baffles, replace the stock suspension, remove the air injection or oxygen sensors, or download new engine controller maps. I do agree that the stock seat isnt very comfortable, but i'll give it a little time before I swap it.

The Bonneville does what I expect it to.

Clyde12

Scooter
I can relate. I read many forum posts about the Bonneville before I bought my 2014 T100 in March, but after 750 miles, I have no urges to drill out the baffles, replace the stock suspension, remove the air injection or oxygen sensors, or download new engine controller maps. I do agree that the stock seat isnt very comfortable, but i'll give it a little time before I swap it.

The Bonneville does what I expect it to.

It is indeed a great bike, but doing all the stuff you listed makes it even better…. come over to the dark side!!!!

ByTheLake

moped
It is indeed a great bike, but doing all the stuff you listed makes it even better…. come over to the dark side!!!!
My Bonnie is one of 6 bikes in the garage, so I have a few others that give me my 'noise' fix.

Funny though - my '65 Honda Benly 150 has a much more throaty sound than my Bonneville, but I can ride the Bonnie for hours without tiring of a droning engine.

A bonnie owner who needs no mods? I have heard that they are out there but I never thought that I would actually find one. I wish that my T100 was everything that I wanted it to be. It has emptied my bank account a couple of times and I still have some mods to complete.
Good for you that your are satisfied with your ride as is. You are a lucky man.

Beiciwr

Scooter
A bonnie owner who needs no mods? I have heard that they are out there but I never thought that I would actually find one. I wish that my T100 was everything that I wanted it to be. It has emptied my bank account a couple of times and I still have some mods to complete.
Good for you that your are satisfied with your ride as is. You are a lucky man.

Possibly something to do with the fact that I'm not in the least mechanically minded. I just ride the bike, and pay someone else to tinker with it when it needs it. Always have done. (I've got skills, but they lie elsewhere!)

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
I have a 2014 Bonneville T100 too, I have just one week with her (it has been raining in here, so I will upload pics soon when the bike is clean). My previous bike was a 2103 Bonneville, I feel this motorcycle more comfortable that the previous one, the riding experience is different, I like it very much. I just ordered the black skid plate, the engine dresser bars chrome, and the quick release longhaul screen. I think that would be enough for now.

Possibly something to do with the fact that I'm not in the least mechanically minded. I just ride the bike, and pay someone else to tinker with it when it needs it. Always have done. (I've got skills, but they lie elsewhere!)

I am not mechanically inclined either but the bike is pretty easy to work on. You would be surprised at what you can do with the aid of a good service manual. Another benefit that you will get is the satisfaction that the job was done right and you gained some insight on your bike.
I also have to thank all the riders in this forum who have posted lot's of good tutorials on maintenance and mod installs. Their posts make the tasks much easier to complete. I have learned a lot and will continue my knowledge gathering until I become fairly competent with my wrenching skills.
Give it a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Had my bonne now for 4 months and have covered 4.5k miles so far. I did change the seat and shockers, put lower Renthal bars on but apart from that its stock. First impressions are that it is best bike I've ever owned, pokey enough to get me where I want to go at a fair rate and nibble enough to be fun in the twisties all good so far