Fender Removal KIT Melbourne Australia

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Hello guys I wanted to source your thoughts on the FEK kits available, how you have found them and also the legal requirements here in Melbourne Australia. After participating in the Mods VS Rocker Festival here in melbourne I noticed a few bikes fitted with them and wanted to querie if issues with the police had occured? R they legal in Melbourne Australia, are they detremental to the bike etc. Your input is invaluable and I look forward to hearing your responses. Please see my bike below I think it would look great but if I keep getting pulled over and fined its not worth it. Cheers Ben Dickens :pd::rocket::mad2::poke::motorbike2:

Attachments

• IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Skidmark

Scooter

Attachments

• Thrux23.jpg
    Thrux23.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 0

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/2F4D64FE-B1A5-48D1-B848-19CD5F8176D7/0/VSI4.pdf
7.1 a mudguard that effectively prevents objects from being thrown upwards or to the rear must be fitted to each wheel.

In Queensland it is more prescriptive and there must be a guard to a point of 45 degrees upwards from the rear axle. I have a FEK and a mud guard made of a paint roller tray that is leagal but still minimal.
Skiddy

Can you take a pic of the paint roller element mate your bike is sweet mate thanks for the reply....:rockon:

cafenoir900

VENDOR
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/2F4D64FE-B1A5-48D1-B848-19CD5F8176D7/0/VSI4.pdf
7.1 a mudguard that effectively prevents objects from being thrown upwards or to the rear must be fitted to each wheel.

In Queensland it is more prescriptive and there must be a guard to a point of 45 degrees upwards from the rear axle. I have a FEK and a mud guard made of a paint roller tray that is leagal but still minimal.
Skiddy

Checking out your pic, and I notice a very nice looking swinging arm... tell me more!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I know there are several places and thanks for the reply's but I am more after peoples experiences here in vic thanks for all that have replied thus far kindest regards Ben Dickens

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Just fit the FEK if that is how you want your bike to look and worry about it if and when you get pulled over..don't attract too much attention to yourself and it may never happen, touch wood I have had mine on for over a year of daily riding and was pulled over once for speeding and no problems with the FEK yet.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Just fit the FEK if that is how you want your bike to look and worry about it if and when you get pulled over..don't attract too much attention to yourself and it may never happen, touch wood I have had mine on for over a year of daily riding and was pulled over once for speeding and no problems with the FEK yet.

Whats your location the cops r nuts here in vic melbourne australia:pd::rocket::motorbike2::beer:

Skidmark

Scooter
In response to Cafenoir

The swinging arm is indeed a thing of beauty. However it took nearly a year to get made and I was continually farked about by the manufacturer . He is either economical with the truth or very unlucky as the time I was waiting was a continued round of excuses.
If I were to do it again, and I won’t, I would not bother with the eccentric adjusters as they are not easy to use and the clamp bolt is treaded into the aluminum without a reinforced thread.
He is currently not producing due to a burglary.

Only good thing I can say about them is they are not as bad as the Tank Shop, I have passed my second anniversary of waiting for a tank from them, the tank I have is from TABaker whom gave a very speedy and helpful service.

YMMV
Skiddy

http://swingarm.com/triumph_swingarms.aspx

Twodogs

Street Tracker
The swinging arm is indeed a thing of beauty. However it took nearly a year to get made and I was continually farked about by the manufacturer . He is either economical with the truth or very unlucky as the time I was waiting was a continued round of excuses.
If I were to do it again, and I won’t, I would not bother with the eccentric adjusters as they are not easy to use and the clamp bolt is treaded into the aluminum without a reinforced thread.
He is currently not producing due to a burglary.

Only good thing I can say about them is they are not as bad as the Tank Shop, I have passed my second anniversary of waiting for a tank from them, the tank I have is from TABaker whom gave a very speedy and helpful service.

YMMV
Skiddy

http://swingarm.com/triumph_swingarms.aspx

So by the way I understand this you still have a tank on order from the tank shop?? What are you going to do with it when you receive it?? I was thinking of ordering a tank from them but was put off by what I had heard about how long they take and the fact that they cannot step into the 20th century and use emails...bit weird I thought. I may be interested in the tank if you want to off load it....I am in Brisbane so no problems there.