Favourite bar end mirrors?

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I recently put some Thruxton bars on my Bonneville and like them very much. But the bar end mirrors I have don't work! I have some Halcyon bar end mirrors and because of the angle of the bars they only provide excellent views of my elbows and taillight. I can't push them wide enough to show what I need.

So what do you guys like as bar end mirrors? I'm not super keen on the current Thruxton mirrors... what else should I look at?

Thanks!

henrys

Street Tracker
I've had two sets of the CRG ebay knockoffs. They are are made very poorly. One set just broke off while I was adjusting the mirror. On the other set the mirror fell off while I was riding.
I finally broke down and bought the real deal. Trust me they are worth the extra cost.

Joker Machine are what I'm running and I'm diggin' 'em.

Clear with very minimal vibration if at all while riding.

Bike2.jpg

Last edited:

neuroboy

750cc
I've had two sets of the CRG ebay knockoffs. They are are made very poorly. One set just broke off while I was adjusting the mirror. On the other set the mirror fell off while I was riding.
I finally broke down and bought the real deal. Trust me they are worth the extra cost.

not been my experience--maybe i've just had good luck or something--but, of course, spend your money as you see fit

drlapo

Hooligan
I have a bar end mirror on my 1979 T140 that I originally purchased for my 67 B25 from Mike Swider Motorcycles in Salem Ct in 1968
It screws into a lead insert in the bar and still works fine
a good investment at $1.99

Trebo

Scooter
Not Inexpensive, but I bought the Jokers upon Bluesforchallah's rec about a year ago. Can't speak to the other manufacturers listed, but I'm loving the Jokers.

henrys

Street Tracker
not been my experience--maybe i've just had good luck or something--but, of course, spend your money as you see fit

Bad quality control is typical for chinese knock-offs. I'm sure there are some good sets out there but there are definitely a bunch of bad sets too. You really don't know whatchagunnaget.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm still looking at all of my options. Right now I have some mirrors off my other bike on the Bonnie - that are from Motolanna and work really well.

I am a little surprised that the CRGs are so popular. Not sure what it is about them that doesn't quite gel with me - they look a bit unfinished or something.

six by six

Two Stroke
I use Mirrycle mountain bike mirrors. Plastic but well built. Only $14 each and available at a lot of bicycle shops. Blurry at 90 mph but work pretty well.