exhaust heat

Justin

moped
Hi Guys and Gals

I'm in the market for a Bonnie.

I would actually prefer the scrambler though, but I'm scared the exhaust gets a bit hot for the passenger's legs.

Is this the case or is the lady safe on the back?

Thanks

GuyM

Street Tracker
Was very concerned about that as my wife and I have long enjoyed riding together. She wears jeans and boots when we ride and has never had a problem with the pipes. The stock heat shields do a good job. Even when I went to aftermarket NH pipes, there's still no problem for either of us.

When it's real hot, I find it easy to just move my leg out a bit for some airflow between the pipe and my leg, but normally my leg just rests on the heat shield, no problem.

For two-up the Scram has more problems than the high pipe though! It's fine for short trips, but not really very comfortable for two on longer trips. We're looking for something bigger, although I'll likely keep the Scram just because it's such a kick to ride solo.

Regards, Guy

tribear

Street Tracker
Feel the warmth on HOT days but it's not uncomfortable or overwhelming. Buy it! You won't be disappointed. You will be disappointed if you don't buy it. Let us know what color you get!:rock: