Exhaust and Viper Red ride

strokerlmt

A lot of what I have done with my 2003 T100 over the years has evolved from the "hands on" mistakes made learning process. I like my Arrow 2 to 1 high exhaust system but I have felt my mid range power is poor. So off with that system and on with the Gately 2 to 1... 1.5 to 1.75 inch aluminum headers to supertrapp muffler to get back my mid range power. I have the day off, finally, tomorrow so I will go for a test run up the CA coast to Big Sur and see how she runs. More later….
LMT
My Gately engine…..
2005 T 100 engine
2014 crankshaft
new main and rod bearings
factory rods
new 10.2:1 compression pistons from Triumph 90 mm(865)
new oil pumps
reconditioned head, values, springs, keepers and locks
new head and base gaskets
Bonneville performance 360 cams
2013 transmission
Barnett clutch kit
Bonneville performance 42mm Mikuni carbs

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1

Roger

Street Tracker
Hawt dawg LMT. I like the details on the engine build. Some good stuff in there. Here's hoping that the SuperTrapp solves your mid range problem. The bike is looking real good.

I am just a little concerned with the lightening holes in your swingarm. I would be worried about being in a situation where the throttle is cranked pulling on the chain and the rear wheel hits a deep bump in the road. The combination of the pull force and a sharp upward deflection from the wheel could cause the swing arm to fold in on itself. Just a thought here but then again, I'm no engineer. I think sleeving the holes would restore a lot of strength there.

strokerlmt

Hey Roger thx for the kind words and comment. Other builders have cut holes in the swing arm. Personally after tearing this bike apart I see a lot of wayyyyy over build by Triumph. I cut the holes in this swing arm for "looks". i had an extra arm in the garage as a back up. I then took the sw arm you see in the picture and I put it on blocks and put over 500 lbs of weight on the arm along with some jumping and pounding. No issues. I have put this arm through some serious stress with no issues.
LMT

Roger

Street Tracker
Other builders have cut holes in the swing arm. Personally after tearing this bike apart I see a lot of wayyyyy over build by Triumph.

No issues. I have put this arm through some serious stress with no issues.
LMT

That's good to hear. The wayyy over build part is evident any time I have to push my bike over grass. :D
And it sounds like you were aware that punching holes in the swingarm might weaken it. If it survived what you described, then it really is over built.
I have a couple other questions but will wait till you post your report on your run up the coast.

rkwfxd

Scooter
Riding, modding, tweaking, looks like you have had a lot of fun with your bike. Looking forward to the report.

strokerlmt

Up and running had a quick run and yes more power mid range but loudddd:woot:
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1

D9

Vendor
LMT I dig it - very cool!
Agreed, just sitting there, looks evil in just the right way :motorbike2:

strokerlmt

Thx for comments…..
No disc's or end piece so I put the ARROW on and all is great…good power with the bigger headers ….great Brit sound not to loud…
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0