Enfield Bullet

DandyDoug

750cc
Mostly I think they are just not understood by Americans. Some of the ones imported a couple years ago were a bit fragile, but the newer ones are neat bikes for what they are.
Not particularly fast and have more vibration than most are willing to deal with for long days. Understanding the limitations of the machine and using it appropriately and you could have a good time.
Lots of kit available now to make one into something you do not see at every stop light.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I'd much rather have a real vintage bike, or just the $$$ in my pocket.

True that, its not somethin I'd go buy outright unless i had the disposable income id drop that coin on new carbs wheels suspension and motor mods for the thrux way before buying that. But to the OP, if you are done with modding and have the disposable income and its what you want why the hell not.

Flaco

750cc
O.K. Boyz...
View this and change your mind...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHLj-DE7j8w&feature=related
Fuck me running! I got a friend here in Tucson that rode an Enfield through India for three months! He's 26 YO!
WTF! He made it on a RE!
And you want to ride to work and back and to bike night?
Maybe a long trip once in a while?
Shit...
Get off your high horsepower and ride a donkey! Either that or get on your ride and do something similar...

DON'T TRASH OTHERS INTERESTS IN MOTORCYCLES OR ADVENTURE!
You just might get humbled!

Signing off with distaste...

Flaco

750cc
O.K. Boyz...
Fuck me running! I got a friend here in Tucson that rode an Enfield through India for three months! He's 26 YO!
WTF! He made it on a RE!
Shit...
Get off your high horsepower and ride a donkey! Either that or get on your ride and do something similar...

Good point, if I do say so myself!

Oxblood

750cc
O.K. Boyz...
WTF! He made it on a RE!
Shit...

The first shot sums them up perfectly... don't buy one unless you like the idea of pushing your bikes...

O.K. Boyz...
WTF! He made it on a RE!
Shit...

I don't really think anyone was trashing anything. Someone asked an opinion and people gave theirs.

Regardless of a few having good experiences on New Enfields, if you get one I suggest you stay on regular bus routes and carry a pocket full of coin.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
The answer to the original question is; no, you would not be nuts for buying that bike for kicks.

I think ultimately the RE is a novelty and if you have an application for it its great. If you have 15 mile commute through back roads, or just want to take it around town you will get some use out of it. But if garage space is limited, and you have to get on any fast roads, then you have to consider more capable bikes.

I say this just based on 2010 highway speeds and my own experience with a 25 horsepower bike. Ok its fun to buzz around on .Now what am I going to do with it? You guessed it - I will store it .

Last edited:

Oxblood

750cc
If i was gonna be spending a bunch of money on a bike I wasn't gonna ride I would get a Ural patrol, at least then I could have some fun in the snow with its 2wd.
ural1.jpg

Kiwi

Two Stroke
If i was gonna be spending a bunch of money on a bike I wasn't gonna ride I would get a Ural patrol, at least then I could have some fun in the snow with its 2wd.
Now you're talking :up: and the 1st accessory to fit would have to be a replica MG34 machine gun :cheer:

strokerlmt

if I win the lotto I would like a URAL .........
I can see ridin up the coast with a daughter strapped in enjoyin the wind.....
LMT

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
if I win the lotto I would like a URAL .........
I can see ridin up the coast with a daughter strapped in enjoyin the wind.....
LMT

There is a guy around me that does just that, well not up the coast but around town anyway. Check out the Red October special on the URAL website, pretty cool - sorry comrade thearcticsea :poke: