EMGO fairing

ricky

Street Tracker
Does anyone have/use an EMGO fairing?
I'd like to know how well it works. I currently have a National windscreen that mounts to the handlebars.
Here is a picture of the fairing I am asking about.
exec2lfr.jpg

Capo

Scooter
I have one, mounted it, used it for a few weeks, and now its a garage decoration. Bought it cheap on eBay, like $40. It is strictly an aesthetic piece. If you like the look, its a dirt cheap way to transform your Bonnie. It is not a very effective screen, however, not much better than a good fly screen. And you will have to kluge up the mounting a bit and keep things tightened regularly. Not trying to dissuade you if you are doing it for a cafe racer look.

DavidC

Rocker
I'm not a fairing/windshield guy, but that one does look tasteful and like it would "deflect" whatever you need deflected.

I've never seen one up close and personal, but I've heard the quality is poor, and it is really flimsy. Looks ok though.

regal403

Two Stroke
I have one that I put on once in a great while for a different look:
n17215458_35130376_3604.jpg

n17215458_35130374_2995.jpg

n17215458_35130378_4166.jpg

n17215458_35130375_3336.jpg

n17215458_35130385_3146.jpg

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. It is made out of thin plastic, the mounting system is flimsy at best, and quality of construction seems to have taken a back seat to cheap pricing. It doesn't deflect much air, but the air it does deflect is taken off your chest area.

Mostly it's for looks, as I would have to be a good foot or two shorter for it to do any real wind blocking for me.

Of course, I'm 6'8, but that's really a moot point since I doubt it would block much air for a shorter person anyway.

I think it's more of a form over function thing, ya dig?

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Fairing

Ridin bud has one on his. It was cheap, it is a challenge to mount, it does look kinda nice, it DOES help on aero's, in driving rain- he can do a lay down thing & it helps , it gives him a place to throwstuff behind it & stay dry. I am not sure besides looks & the above what it does? He still likes it & is going to keep it on. I guess this a :ea to his own call? For the price- I guess you can take it off when you want- & put it back when you want?

Capo

Scooter
Here are Air-tech's fairings...you may find an alternate style that works, of higher quality. Hmm..maybe this should be in a Babes with Bike Body Parts thread.

Attachments

• dunstallfairings2.jpg
    dunstallfairings2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0

derby boy

Two Stroke
I have that PITA / POS, but it looks good. It's like some women, great to look at but not very functional. Notice I said "some" I'll probably get beat up for that one. I fabricated a couple of threaded supports that go from the handlebar clamp bolt to the screws that hold the shield to the fairing. Yeah I'd like to have a high $$ high quality but that's life. Sorry no pics, on work puter.

WyoBonnie

Scooter
That is a nice look. I read all the other comments about mounting and durability, so I just wanted to mention what I have. I bought the Givi A200 from Helmet Head Cycle Gear http://www.helmetheadcyclegear.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?pid=562 I got the dark tint and it is a "see-through" black.

I'm just a hair under six foot and sitting up straight, the wind just hits the top of my helmet. I think it works real well and is good looking too...

Last edited: