Electric Bike

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Here is a short clip of my mechanic Bob riding my home made ebike. My other mechanic " Moose " is watching from the front yard.

http://youtu.be/0LaDG37fTyQ

Honestly my work with the ebikes is really making me appreciate the miracle that is gasoline.

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I was just doing some research and I found out quite accidently that electric assist bicycles are illegal in NY on roads and sidewalks. That despite a federal law legalizing them and stating they are not motor vehicles. Also despite the fact that there are tens of thousands of them around in use. Apparently the bill to legalize and regulate them has passed the assembly and now has been stuck in senate comittee for 3 years. Major bummer.

A stealth electronic dual sport would be awesome. Imagine something comparable to the power of a 500cc thumper that no one would hear. That'd be great for those rides across questionable property lines.

I'd love to have one if they could give it a battery that would last long enough to ride for 5-6 hours.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
artic sea,

for sure it is. lithium batteries are your friend. my own home made rig will easily do 10 level miles. beleive me, you pedal quite a bit and so you have control of how you use your power.

sweat,
I think the same way. Zero motorcycles run from 40-100 miles per charge. Thats a lot of dual sport time. And its absolutely stealthy. A bicycle is even stealthier. Bicycles are just plain invisible and everyone thinks of them as harmless.