EFI exhaust

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I purchased them new. Norman Hyde says there's no difference between the Togas they make for EFI Bonnies and earlier carbed bikes.

The answer to your question is yes, you can install the mufflers from a carbed Bonneville on a EFI Bonneville. Norman Hyde specifies the same Togas for either model. NH says you don't even need to re-map but I feel you're safer to upload a new, richer map. That's what I did and my bile runs perfectively! I was out on it today and I simply marvel over how great it runs and sounds under all conditions.

Vendor
So let me see if I got this right.. the NH's you put on your '09 came off a pre-EFI Bonnie, correct? And all you had to do was do a minor re-map to let the engine run right, correct?

I have a set of NH's I took of my '03 CE T100, and I'd like to install them on my '09 50th Anniversary bike..

Chris;
You can install your set and go to your local dealer and tell them to upload the Triumph aftermarket pipes upgrade they have avail to your CPU.
XChoppers forgot to mention that I told him to go that route.
It really works.

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
Chris;
You can install your set and go to your local dealer and tell them to upload the Triumph aftermarket pipes upgrade they have avail to your CPU.
It really works.
Sorry 1087.
I couldn't remember who's advice that was :eek:
I really appreciate your help.
You were right on!

I'll readilly admit that, while I've been building and modifying motorcycles for over 40 years, my '09 is my first Bonneville. I've learned quite a lot from other Bonnie owners on forums and have no reluctance admitting so. Without the help of others we would be left to all make the same mistakes. It's much more enjoyable (and cheaper) to gain insight from others. That's what forums are all about!

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Chris;
It really works.

Carlos, Once again - You da man!.. Thanks.

If I decide to take my 50th Anniversary bike out of the dining room, that's exactly what I'll do. I sold my '03 Centennial T100 today, so unless I ride my Street Tracker, I won't have a fender'd Bonnie to ride.

Happy New Year, amigo.. always good hearing from you.

Chris

uk59

Scooter
I am ordering Raask double wall headers for my 50th Anniversary Bonnie because I don't like the blueing pipes. Also I like the old school straight line look of the 50-60's exhaust and muffler hook up rather than the "kink" in the exhaust before the mufflers hook up. From the pictures on Raask website They make both a 38mm end and a 44mm end to their pipes. The 38mm has the "kink" and the 44mm appears not to end straight. It seems if I order the 38mm end and install the stock mufflers I will not have to make any adjustments for remapping EFI , nor modify the sidestand or centerstand. Also if I wanted to add Norman Hyde Togas itwould be an easy hookup. Is my reasoning correct?

However, to get the straight line look I will have to find a Triumph reproduction muffler with a 44mm [1+3/4 inch] inlet and may have to make bracket modifications. Will the 44mm exhaust diameter require an EFI remap? The side & centerstand will have to be modified. The nearest Triumph dealer is 100 miles from home and I'm not crazy about taking off to a dealer every time something goes wrong. Does anyone know of any reasons other than these as to why I should not go the 44mm route?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Is the 44 the diameter of the inside or outside wall of the pipes? If you aren't looking for performance why bother going through all that work which might cause issues down the road? It all really comes down to compromise, how bad do you really want vs. How bad you need to get rid of that kink.

uk59

Scooter
Texas94fs the 44mm is the outside wall. I suspect the 44 will do nothing performance wise and to change the way it looks won't make it ride better either. Thanks for your insight - I could be opening up a new can of worms.

Others please respond.

Vendor
Carlos, Once again - You da man!.. Thanks.

If I decide to take my 50th Anniversary bike out of the dining room, that's exactly what I'll do. I sold my '03 Centennial T100 today, so unless I ride my Street Tracker, I won't have a fender'd Bonnie to ride.

Happy New Year, amigo.. always good hearing from you.

Chris

Thank you Chris!
Shame on you selling the Centennial, that bike is a keeper.
Happy New Year to you as well!

Neducati

Two Stroke
I purchased them new. Norman Hyde says there's no difference between the Togas they make for EFI Bonnies and earlier carbed bikes.

Xchoppers-

It's good to know that the Norman Hyde Togas fit the '09 EFI Bonnie. I had been checking with them from time to time regarding fitment and they would not confirm that any of their pipes (the Togas or the Peashooters) will fit the EFI Bonnies. My last correspondence with them was in September, 2008:

"We have not seen a 2009 bike so we are not sure about fitments. However we will definitely make sure that we have silencers to sell for the new bikes just as soon as we get hold of one.
Regards
Norman Hyde"

Ned