Eastern Beaver Headlight Harness

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Eastern Beaver endorsement

Eastern Beaver is a good guy/company.

I bought the 30A Single Circuit Fusepanel Relay Kits from Eastern Beaver a couple of years ago. If Eastern Beaver's PC-8 Fuse Panel had been available, I would have bought it, too.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Eastern Beaver is a good guy/company.

I bought the 30A Single Circuit Fusepanel Relay Kits from Eastern Beaver a couple of years ago. If Eastern Beaver's PC-8 Fuse Panel had been available, I would have bought it, too.
He's a great guy and his products really reflect his integrity. He has a great rep in the industry and why I bought his harness. The quality is very good.
It is shipped right from Japan btw so he must have serious connections there as I presume Japan is where the harnesses are assembled. I would consider his excellent fuse panel as well but I am not running any extras really on my bike...like GPS, heated gear etc so don't really have a need. Hacking the stock fusebox isn't very feasible because the couple of fuse vacancies are not terminated or bussed so if adding ancillary electronics, a good idea to wire in a fusebox panel as you have.
Cheers.

Bigted

Two Stroke
Thanks.
Nick, this stuff is what I am about is all. I have been building cars and bikes since I was a little kid and also has been my career so it comes naturally really and not much effort than taking some pictures and providing some detail. Couple of things I have learned along the way is, don't expect anything if you don't contribute and the more you give, always the more you receive back. This is a new forum and created in large measure due to backlash to the despicable cencorship that occurs on the other unmentionable forum and so I am trying to grow the information base to make this forum not only a better resource but also encourage others to participate. In many ways the guys that come here are kindred spirits in that we believe well intentions should not be rewarded with banning and having threads manipulated by ignorant moderators. The guys here have more than just passion for a particular motorcycle. The jackasses on the other forum get what they deserve. Smart guys won't tolerate that bullshit and all I will say about it.
Ride safe and thanks again for all the kind words.

Jesus George do you ever give up? A blowhard by any other name is still a blowhard. You were banned from the other forum for being an egotistical arsehole not because of censorship.

Last edited:

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Thanks for all the great feedback guys. As far as update....I've put a few night rides on this harness now and it really delivers and continues to work well...a major difference in being able to see. I highly recommend this mod and thanks again for your comments.
Fender, you mentioned you ordered one so please let us know what you think.

fender

Street Tracker
I've got the harness sitting in a box waiting for me to have time to install it. The weathers been to nice and not enough free time yet to tackle the project. The harness is really well made. I'll be posting once I get it installed.

MES

750cc
Speed3Chris,
Nice write up.
I did the front end of the headlight and thanks to you I can do the back end.

I did a write up for a plug and play headlight and bulb swap for the OLDER style headlights.

I only add the below so that people searching for a fix will have a better chance finding one.

The gist of it:
"The easy fix is to use a H4 100/65 bulb (HELLA, PHILLIPS). It's better but the real problem is the reflector/lens.
SO
I used a HELLA European " 7'' round H4 HighBeam/Low Beam headlamp" (part# 70476) and PIAA "intense white" 135/125. It draws the same wattage as a 65/55 but puts out over twice the lummans.
It's fucken bright.
(HELLA also has a 5 3/4" round which will fit the Scrambler?)

The PIAA bulbs come in a 2 pack
the 110/100 are street legal and cost $60 per pack
the 135/125 are NOT street legal and cost $40 per pack
(figured if a cop was deep into my headlight I had bigger problems than an illegal bulb)

The Hella headlamp is a car headlamp (NO provision for a parking light) and cost $50.
The top cutoff is very sharp with a 15* angle upward to the right that make reading road signs easy.

What a difference. Like driving down the Vegas strip at midnight. It might as well be noon. The high beams are equally bright while dispersing the light to the sides nicely.

Total price $80
A cheap mod that fixes the problem once and for all.
Good to go.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Thanks for adding that MES. The reflector and bulb are worth upgrading for sure.

Fender...understand...summer is short and the time to ride.
Best to you guys.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Speed3Chris,

I used a HELLA European " 7'' round H4 HighBeam/Low Beam headlamp" (part# 70476) and PIAA "intense white" 135/125. It draws the same wattage as a 65/55 but puts out over twice the lummans.

Good to go.

MES, Where did you order the reflector from? Google gives too many sites that can't find or stock that part.

S3C awesome write up.