Eagerly awaiting the return of my RS

After I dropped my beloved RS in mid January whilst on a spirited run with welshrob I have lived with a cracked fairing and some minor scratches. I decided to get it fixed and pay the $350 excess.

I have been without my bike for a week now and it will be another 4 days before it is returned !!

I went to the garage to look at the empty bay, (well sort of empty with hay for the cattle and a dozen chickens milling around) where the bike normally lives.

I need to ride.. boo hoo hoo sobbing uncontrollably :wack:

TonUp

Street Tracker
Patience is a virtue

Say hello to Welshrob. Hope to ride with both of you some day!

Ton Up!

I got it back this afternoon but haven't had the chance to ride.. Blasted kids!!

Great job and I got them to do the fork legs and put some #M clear plastic on the stancions to protect them from further chips..

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to ride !! :cheer:

:wave: Hey Steve,

Oh you lucky, lucky bastard!!!....what I would give to be able to ride a motorcycle again...

Hey mate congrats and have a safe ride where ever you go man...

Bret....:worthy:

Believe it or not I got my bike back from the panel guy - pretty good job overall, and then during a father son bonding project the next day I had a mishap before I got to ride !!:bug:

Our chickens have started sitting again and I needed to make a new chicken box for the mothers. I could see a father / son project and asked my six year old boy if he wanted to help. We set it all up so that the bench was at his height, did some nailing and sawing and fixing to which the chickens would be proud (for chickens that is!).

My son was getting down off his box and steadied himself on the 10kg (20lb) vice that I use for welding stuff and pulled it down off the bench. I was about to move his box and the vice came down and crushed my thumb at the first knuckle ripping most of the thumbnail off the bed and out of the base.

As you can well imagine there were 2 quite upset people dancing around at this stage. I knew that it was pretty bad but as it was gushing red stuff everywhere it was hard to see exactly how bad.

I was more concerned for Matthew being so upset at hurting me!

I made it back to the house (100 metres) and washed the thumb where I almost blacked out . My goodness it was hurting at that stage. I phone the ambulance, the neighbour (who is a nurse) and my wife (who was an hour away) and then lay on the floor having a little rest after all of the excitement.

The neighbour was great, the ambos were fantastic and so funny!

The doctors xrayed the digit, removed the rest of the attached nail, stitched the gushy bits and told me that I was lucky as I had almost severed the end off. The tuft (end of the bone of the thumb) was detached but they didn't seem too worried about that.

Sooo, no thumb nail (for a while at least), no riding for a week or so or until I can get my glove back on. The chickens still need a home. My son, Matthew isn't permanent traumatised and still wants to finish the project when I feel better.

Really I was lucky that it didn't land on my hand as that would have caused some damage.

I need to find something to protect the sensitive end when I get the dressing off and it is healing, any ideas?? Leather condom or the like? :rocks:

mac6691

Scooter
Hey Steven
Nothing worse than a thumb injury.
I once chopped the top of my finger of while chopping bacon.
They could'nt stich it back on and i when skiing the following day at Fall's Creek.Every time i fell i hit the thumb.
Look atfter the thumb and get that ride in.
Cheers
Andrew

Thanks mac6691, It is really giving me the shits at the moment. Such great weather and I can't get out. I had the dressing changed and am still on antibiotics because of the compound fracture of the thumb.

I have soooo much work to do around the house and on the land that I am going a bit stir crazy.. I did manage to finish the chicken box though, so that is a start.

Got to ride on the Sunday and chased an R3 up Mt Glorious until the police presence made us slow to a more respectable speed. Great to get back in to the saddle. :woot:

I had to pick the gloves carefully - nice and loose.

We tootled passed him doing 100kph (he was sitting on about 95) and when we rounded the next bend and were out of sight, I took off. :)

The mountain is no a place to ride slowly.... from sweeping 130-140 kph corners to tight 20kph U turns, up and down. About 30 minutes up to the top for a coffee and a yarp.

and then back down again :cheer: