Ducati Panigale

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I think I'm in love, but only 195 HP? :)

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2012-ducati-1199-panigale-preview

Ducati-1199-Panigale.JPG

2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale Specs:

Engine:
•Type: Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
•Bore x Stroke: 112 x 60.8mm
•Power: 195hp (143kw) @ 10,750rpm
•Torque: 98.1lb-ft (132Nm) @ 9,000rpm
•Exhaust: 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers with aluminum outer sleeves
•Transmission: 6-Speed
•Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control

Chassis
•Frame: Monocoque aluminum
•Front suspension (Standard): Marzocchi 50mm pressurized and fully adjustable usd fork with hard anodized aluminum lightweight slider
•Front suspension (S, Tricolore S): Öhlins NIX30 43mm with TiN, fully adjustable usd fork. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment
•Front wheel: 10-spoke light alloy 3.50" x 17"
•Rear suspension (Standard): Fully adjustable Sachs unit; Adjustable linkage: Progressive/flat; Aluminum single-sided swingarm
•Rear Suspension (S, Tricolore S): Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit; Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment; Adjustable linkage: Progressive/flat; Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
•Rear wheel: 10 spoke light alloy 6.00" x 17"
•Front brake: 2 x 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M50 4-piston calipers: ABS optional +2.5kg (+5.5lb)
•Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper
•Fuel tank capacity: 17l (4.5 gallon US)
•Dry weight (Standard, S): 164kg (361.5lb)
•Dry weight (Tricolore S): 166.5kg (367lb)
•Wet weight (Standard, S): 188kg (414.5lb)
•Wet weight (Tricolore S): 190.5kg (420lb)

2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale Versions/MSRP:
•Standard (Red) / $17,995
•S (Red) / $22,995
•Tricolore S / $27,995

Bore x Stroke: 112 x 60.8mm

JAysUs that's over-square! I'm surprised it doesn't need 2 plugs per cylinder.

200 hp and 100 ft lbs? All under 11,000 RPM? From a twin?!?

Holy smokes, I want one!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Reading about it they did a lot of mass reduction, and the frame is basically 2 small parts hung off the motor. No trellis frame! Yeah!! I like the mufflers down low too.

Last edited:

Iceseven

750cc
Love it!!!

To quote the great Hunter S. Thompson;

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one".

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Love it!!!

To quote the great Hunter S. Thompson;

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one".

Thanks for that quote... I'm a Hunter S fan and didn't know about the Sausage Creature!! Cheers!!!

DandyDoug

750cc
As a track day bike, You bettcha Red Rider !!

As an everyday mount, probably best suited for the young and limber, or a squid with more money than brains.

mark66

TT Racer
That is one bike that I would have on my bucket list of bikes to own. Unfortunately there is a large hole in the bottom of that bucket and I'm having enough trouble keeping the ones I have now in it.
I do love that bike though. :sportbike:

neuroboy

750cc
It's a beaut for sure. I'll just say this: as pretty and mechanically accomplished as it is, chassis itself--especially the rear half of it--really looks to be following the form of the Japanese bikes (especially the "hornet/stinger" tail. I'm not a huge fan of that look even though I know it's all the rage.

Understand, too, that this is coming from someone who thinks the '91-'98 SuperSport and the 748/998 chassis are the best looking ducs.

Honestly I don't know about this bike. It looks cool and all, but why develop a bike based on the MotoGP frameless design that both Rossi and Hayden don't like?

I would love to ride it to see how it feels. Would I like to own one? Not sure yet.

Last edited: