Door Rash

jhillier71

Street Tracker
So not 15 minutes ago the guys who are pruning a massive tree in my backyard tell me that the opened their van door, after moving it next to my bike and managed to ''scrape'' my bike. He said he will pay for everything, banged up mirror, scraped front brake lever, scraped engine cover, scraped BRAND F*CKING new BC predator can and scraped right foot peg. This guy is not going to like the bill, I almost feel bad for him. Almost. Arrrrrgh.:rocket:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I gotta know (and I need visual references) how on earth a van can scrape your bike. I know it's happened, but was your bike on the street, a driveway, the side of the house?

ivar

TT Racer
from those damages, sounds like he tipped the bike off the sidestand and over to the right side.

Hope they got insurance...

jhillier71

Street Tracker
I can't figure it out exactly.

The bike was parked behind my garage and in a laneway. He says that the doors on his cargo van opened and scraped the bike but from the mirror to the pipes..it doesn't make sense unless both side doors swung open in opposite directions? It's on the right hand side with nothing on the left so I don't think they knocked it over. They aren't major scrapes/scratches but enough to make me want to replace everything seeings that the bike is new.

In any event, heading to the shop on Monday and getting costs for the new parts. The guys sys he will pay so I may be doing an upgrade on my levers and mirrors, OEM for the peg and engine cover (maybe it's time for a 'blackout' assuming that the Bonnie black engine cover fits the thrux? As for the Preds the scratches are almost underneath, it's f*cking bizarre. Will get a few pics for prosperity/insurance (if it comes to that).

Nail him/his insurance co for the Preds as well then fleabay the slightly damaged ones. Buy a case of your favourite tipple with the free money, sit back, look at your bright shiny bike and think "hmmm, every cloud has a silver lining". :D

Cheers,

Pikey.