Does anyone suggest a bike lift?

I have been looking for a bike lift for my Bonnie. I have seen cheap ones at Sears for $75 bones all the way up to $400 for this one.

Does anyone have any experience with one or another?

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Lift

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I got an OLD Sears one outa the trash- the R&B one. Its made uota sq beams & weighs a ton!! Takes 2 to lift it. I caLLED sEARS because the bottle was all rusted & frozem as was the whole jack. They sent me a new one for free. Been using it for 3+ yrs & couldnt live w/o it! Dont know how I did up till then? A must!!

Shorty

Two Stroke
I also have one of the Sears / Craftsman red and black ones. Great piece of equipment and like CAPTON said...it's a heavy SOB. I got it for a Christmas present years ago and I believe it was a little shy of $90.

Shorty

MOSES

750cc
X- whatever on the sears !
Mine will slowly leaks down if I don't lock it but I've used it for way more than a bike lift...

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I got one from harbor freight, don't know how i lived without the fucking thing! Makes everything so much easier! Was around 80, is pretty heavy, but i can move it around myself no problem. It's a wonderfully hideous orangey yellow, not that i really give a shit if my tools are color coordinated thats kinda:homo:

hankmarx

750cc
I have the heavy red one from Sears, love that thing.

Be careful not to crush your oil filter the first time or two that you use the jack. Hell yes I did it.

schnabba

Two Stroke
yep - larger filter. Purolator is just a tiny big longer and sticks just a little bit below the frame. Enough to flatten the top if you aren't paying attention where you put the lift.

billpvegas

Scooter
Autozone lift

2850890757_2e39a1070e_m.jpg

They go on sale for $59.Works great.

Last edited:

ggRAT

Street Tracker
My Bonneville is the only bike I have that has an exposed frame for that type of lift, I needed one to lift from the wheels for the other bikes I have...

Goin, good point. My Sears/Larin lift won't work on my son-in-laws '76 CB750F because the 4-1 headers are below the frame.
GREG