Differnt Kind of R Shock Question?

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Say if one needed to carry about 460lbs of riders, day tour gear and such, which shocks would best suit the needs for a comfy/smooth, and safe two-up ride?
I'm not a big fan of taking a spinal jarring jolt from shocks bottoming out on minor surface blemishes which my stockies do regularly. Yes, they are wound up tight as far as Pre load adjustment allows. Fine for just me but with the wifee on it can be something that we have had long discussions about long after the ride is done. More talking about it than I care to have to listen too really.
I just don't really want to get something Heavy Duty then find out it's got overly stiff valving as like a race shock.
Does anyone know if Hagon or whoever, offers different spring rates available on their customer speced shocks?

:popcorn:

Easy13

Street Tracker
BellaCorse also has Hagons, and Mike will set them up for you as well.

Shameless advert, but the Progressive 440s I'm selling in the classifieds hauled my wife and I very well. I highly recommend the 440s, but mine are all black and 12.5" eye-to-eye (1" lower), so they may not be what you want...

ivar

TT Racer
... and I got Ikons from NewBonneville, with springs that suited my application (solo + with pillon/luggage)

Rubicon

Scooter
Honestly for that much weight plus luggage I would stick with progressive shocks. They are the shock of choice for the full dresser 800+ pound Harleys.

newse

moped
I ride mainly solo & have Ikon 7614 rears which offer a big range of spring preload adjustment, sure if you contact them they would get you set up correctly, sounds a bit like two sets of springs would be ideal unless you do the two up with luggage thing alot that way you are not compramising.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Thanks for all the ideas y'all! Seems like it might be a good time to start asking some of the manufacturers what they can build up for my requirement needs.