December scores

Craigore

TT Racer
1966 (?) Honda c200 - Predecessor of the s90
Picked up for $250. Cleaned carb of rat turds and rats nest in frame, new battery, new points, and timed correctly to get it running. Going to be a bike for the girlfriend to putz around on
IMG_1464.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXaBFpbMPjE

1974 Honda XL250
Got a lead on a guy who had one of these that didn't want it anymore. Showed up at his house with a 12 pack and took it home with me. Got it running after a carb cleaning within an hour.
IMG_1487.jpg

Fun little thumper.

Just thought I'd share!

Last edited:

Craigore

TT Racer
@lmt, the thing is 100% complete and pretty freaking MINT for being 46 years old! Needs some new rubber for sure.

Craigore

TT Racer
It runs surprisingly well. I even went as far as to check the tappet clearances.
I had it out for a minute but the tires are mangled and I blew a tube in the front wheel. Awaiting some Michelin M62 Gazelle tires for this bad boy and I hope to be riding it down the street a little before snow hits.

Craigore

TT Racer
I cleaned the carb on the XL really well with Pinesol... yes, believe it or not, you can dip the whole thing and leave it soaking for 24+ hours without worry of ruining the o-rings or anything else. I read about it on the ADV Riders forum; $3 well spent, and I'm not breathing in and getting nasty chemicals on my hands anymore... plus, it's relatively environmentally safe. I'll have to post pictures of my results later.

Unfortunately the enduro has a little hole in the exhaust which is making it not run too well. I'm going to try to patch it this week. I may use this as my Winter bike...

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Great scores, really like the C200. I too find CL can be very generous around Christmas - of course never have the money then. :)

Thanks for the pinesol tip