death of an icon

drlapo

Hooligan
can you believe the 2009 Harley Sportster lineup?
the death of a once great motorcycle
all they have left is poser "badass" crap
thank God for Triumph, OK thank John Bloor

R

rndtaylor

my brother still swears by his 04 1200 sporty, and to his credit, he rides the bad bitch for all it's worth, but I do not have to break a sweat to leave him behind, curves or flat out.

With all of the money he has spent on mods, he could have a great bike, but he had rather have a harley.

He is my brother, and I love him, but it is still a hardley.

Iceseven

750cc
I am just not into Harley's but I actually like the fact that after years of a stagnant Sportster line that they are actually trying to spiff them up finally, but you don't get a lot of bang for the buck, just a lot of crap from the big-twin guys.

I had a few minutes to spare last Friday. The only thing that I wanted to look at for that time was motorcycles, unfortunately, the only bike shop in the area was a Harley dealership. Walked thru the showroom, left and boy did that little junket make me glad I bought a Triumph

:piss:Harley

Moggy

Scooter
Yeah but...

You may be right about the Sporties, but i really (really,really) wanna Night Rod!!

Soulrebel

Street Tracker
Here we go again...:cheer: ...:worthy: Triumph ....:hj: Harley

:yawn2:

Unless you have just as much money in your Twin(?)(I'm guessing here), I'll have to call
<COUGH Cough>BULLSHIT<COUGH Cough>

my brother still swears by his 04 1200 sporty, and to his credit, he rides the bad bitch for all it's worth, but I do not have to break a sweat to leave him behind, curves or flat out.

With all of the money he has spent on mods, he could have a great bike, but he had rather have a harley.

He is my brother, and I love him, but it is still a hardley.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan

Unless you have just as much money in your Twin(?)(I'm guessing here), I'll have to call

???money= quality or performance?? I think not
not bashing HD just lamenting that they seem to have lost their way(and my interest)

drlapo

Hooligan

hey I could go after Moto Guzzi too: where the hell is the LeMans?
it's just that HD had such a great heritage and now its all dark and badass
by the way badass is not my choice: HD uses it :fart:

KingBear

Hooligan
YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!

BIKE FIGHT :chair:

BIKE FIGHT:fight3:

BIKE FIGHT :fight2:

BIKE FIGHT :fight:

BIKE FIGHT :rocket:

BIKE FIGHT :kick:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Different times for different bikes.

My Brother & I have a "family" Harley that started out life as a CHP FXRP in 84. I drove it as an FXRP and put say 20,000 miles or so on it. Sold it to my brother and he kind took all the neat pieces off if it (at least what I thought were the neat pieces, spring seat, faring, floorboards, belt drive Etc.) and hot rodded it up. And he will never sell it. You gotta have affection for a bike that's been in the family for over 20 years.

Different times for different bikes.

My Brother & I have a "family" Harley that started out life as a CHP FXRP in 84. I drove it as an FXRP and put say 20,000 miles or so on it. Sold it to my brother and he kind took all the neat pieces off if it (at least what I thought were the neat pieces, spring seat, faring, floorboards, belt drive Etc.) and hot rodded it up. And he will never sell it. You gotta have affection for a bike that's been in the family for over 20 years.

pics?