Daytona 200

DandyDoug

750cc
2011 Daytona almost , well maybe half of the 200 ??:huh:

I was watching and it was a great race with some spectacular incidents. Then came the red flag.
Oh no , now we have to listen to some Aussie wanker and a washed up former racer with a speech impediment blather on and on about something neither one has a clue on just for the sake of TV time.:eeek:
Then shortly before the race was supposed to continue , at least that's what they said !:huh:
We switch over to NAPCAR truck qualifying :chair:

Wonder what the outcome was from the race ??

Bob80220

Scooter
I set my dvr to record the race before I went out for a ride...even added an additional 30 minutes of record time just in case it went over. I came home and got comfortable and played the recording. My recording stopped while they were still dickin around during the red flag because of front tire issues. Fortunately, as I was surfing the channels last night I found the race on replay just as they were starting again after the red flag. I ended up seeing the complete race although it was taped and delayed...oh well. Dunlop had serious issues with their front tire...a lot of riders biffed it hard because of the front tire issues...I'm happy I have Michelins on hold at my dealer to install in May...hahaha

Bob

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I watched until the extended red flag and then waited and I was pissed off when after all that time, they went to a truck race!!! Never saw the end.

dschief

750cc
They showed the rest at 11pm, when they were supposed to show the Superbike race. The winner was someone that you would have thought would have not been able to restart, don't want to spoil it for anyone so that's all I'm gonna say.

Boofhead

Banned
Maybe it was not an AUSSIE WANKER but a load mouth know it all YANK from Hicksville NC just trying to sound like an Aussie wanker to upgrade his standing in the world HUH :fight2:

nohawk

Rocker
And Josh Hayes R1 is the best sounding race bike on the grid. He was fast but those Suzukis were good at reeling him in on the banking.

DandyDoug

750cc
As to the legality of the guy who won the 200 miler.

He was perfectly within the rules as interpreted by the AMA :eeek:
and their ever so popular competition director, Al Luddington ( aka: lets make up the rules any way we want and change them in mid stream)

The rider basically got the equivilent of the luck dog lap , since the red flag came out while he was still on the race track ( well maybe he was ) so his crew simply swapped out the motor from his spare bike.

I would have paid a nickle to have been a fly on the wall at the meeting between the AMA and his team manager. That must have been a hoot, or just short of a fist fight.

I do think Dunlop made the right call to ask for the red flag and a mandatory front tire change for safety reasons, even though they will take a lot of flak for the tire they brought. Especially after the winter testing session on the new track surface.