damper size

BornAgain

Scooter
I want to fit a steering damper to my T100 http://shindypro.com/catalog/each_q_ptype.key38.html

I don't know what size to get for my Bonnie. What length of travel would allow lock to lock on the steering? I've found the oval dampers at Phat Performance for $124 and the round body for $152. 41mm fork clamps for $35 fabricate a frame bracket for the damper body out the door for under $200.

Motley

750cc
I just fitted the Norman Hyde steering damper to my Thruxton. It's a good looking piece of kit, although I can't comment on how well it works........yet. I have heard it works well though.

strokerlmt

I like the Bellacorse STYLE over teh one NewBonneville has.
I have had both and the first style seems to install and move very cleanly.

I also have a 14 setting over a 7 which obviously allows you have have no to stiff just right.

LMT

cafenoir900

VENDOR
I have a friction style damper available that will fill the bill for less. Check out "Earl's Watsonian Bonnie" thread in Projects. Let me know if you are interested.

BornAgain

Scooter
I like Earl's project real nice job on the build. My steering always felt a little lite on the curves. Especially when its bumpy and I've read others have added a damper and it helped. I like the looks of that friction damper on Earl's bike but I'm wanting to use an oil type damper. I took some measurements of my forks lock to lock yesterday and it was around 50mm each way. So if I'm calculating this right I would need a damper with a total travel of 100mm 0r 120mm to 150mm to be on the safe side.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Thanks for the compliments. Quite right about the length of the oil damper, you'll need to go a bit longer than the lock to lock distance. BellaCorse and NewBonneville.com are sources for the dampers, and have experience fitting them. Either would be helpful with technical advice. Earl did not like the look of the oil dampers, so that was our inspiration to come up with something different.

drlapo

Hooligan
save your $ and put on low bars: get some weight on the front wheel
no "shakes" on my Thruxton while dragging the pegs

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Meh, i get shake exiting corners off the thrux when I'm really on it, especially if its bumpy. A dampener is def a good thing to have, its next on my list once I finish the F3 swap sometime this summer

Motley

750cc
My Thrux tends to get a small case of loose after crossing tar snakes or expansion joints. I'm hoping the steering damper helps settle it down, if not..........meh, it looks trick.