Daddy got some New Shoes ( Metzeler Tourance's)

MOSES

750cc
I finaly ordered a set of Tourances. Stock front and 1up on the rear.
I've been looking, searching, and asking about them for a while, and I have to say that I'm very pleased so far.
The stock Metz's were trashed at 7k so if I get a few more miles out these I'll
be a very happy Man.

I took Rastus over to a buddy's house last night and tossed em on. He lives down one hell of a rock road so the trip in was :eeek:....and I live on a rock road to !
Anyways, the trip out was like riding on asphault :worthy: not a slip.
It was only a 10 mile ride back and chilly out so I just cruised home and crashed.
Well, I woke this morning and took a little 100 mile mixed ride
(80/20) to test 'em out good. Man these things have got some traction,
Twisties, long sweeps, rocks, or whatever ! I know there not a sport tire but
they put the stockies to shame, When you lean into a turn they seem to know what your thinking, grip, and follow thru nice.

As you can tell, I like em !

Here's some pics since I actually took some..

:cheers:
tires1.jpg

tires2.jpg

tires3.jpg

tires4.jpg

tires5.jpg

tires6.jpg

The worn to hell rear.. pic dosen't do it justice
PIC-0102.jpg

DavidC

Rocker
I like the tread pattern - looks like they are ready to grip some road. But you suggest they are an off road tire? And they are smooth on paved roads? Sounds pretty good to me.
I've got nearly 11k miles on my stock tires. I suppose in the spring I'll be looking to replace them. Good to get this input.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
For me it was a coin toss between the Tourances and the Michelin Anakees, also a DualSport tire and a very similar tread pattern. I love them - very smooth ride and real nice in the corners. I went up one size in the front and the rear as well.

MOSES

750cc
I like the tread pattern - looks like they are ready to grip some road. But you suggest they are an off road tire? And they are smooth on paved roads? Sounds pretty good to me.
I've got nearly 11k miles on my stock tires. I suppose in the spring I'll be looking to replace them. Good to get this input.

They're rated 70% on, 30% off road and considered an Enduro Street tire and very smooth on the street.
Here's a link to Metzeler's site.http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/web/catalog/moto/moto_catalogo_schedaDescription.page?categoria=/catalog/moto/enduro_street/none&vehicleType=MOTO&product_id=229570&uri=/metzeler/en_US/browser/xml/catalog/moto/EnduroStreet_Tourance.xml&menu_item=/products/catalog/enduro_street
They should last a while !
PIC-0098.jpg