D&D 2-1 Exhaust

I got the D&D 2-1 exhaust a few weeks ago and now that I've had some time on the bike with the pipes I have a few observations.

By butt dyno alone, I've noticed that these things do really pick up some hp on the top end, and really do lose some ft lbs on the bottom end. This was expected but not bad at all. In fact, it makes the bike lots of fun to ride. It's like a rush to get to the rev limiter and the bike revs much much faster. I need a higher rev limit!

They sound weird, almost like a combination of a two stroke and a diesel truck. The low rumble of the preds is lost for a raspy smooth scream. It doesn't sound much like a twin anymore, almost sounds like a rotary engine. At idle the bike is very quiet, almost too quiet. This remains true up to about 1/4 throttle, but once you open the throttle they scream bloody murder.

My biggest/only complaint: They are too damn low. I've got to get some longer shocks on my bike or figure something out to get some more ground clearance, I scraped them a few times today and the pipe near the collector is getting ground down from making comtact. No good! There will definitely be no riding over speedbumps, off curbs, etc like I could do before. Ground clearance is severely limited.

As much as the ground clearance thing bothers me I dig the pipes. I'm looking forward to getting them on the dyno to see what hp I gained/lost with them.

Sweat,
I went from 55.7 standard to just short of 70hp and picked up and extra 3Ft/Lbs of torque over all with my D&D's....Clearance is a bit of a problem and I tend to bottom in big dips when the suspension compresses and its the very back just before the kink out to the left that scrapes. I have YSS with adjustable ride height but I just fitted 17'' rims. In conjunction with the 39's they are awesome pipes. You do have to be on top of the 39's as far as revs are concerned if you want to pick up reasonably quickly and I reckon around the 5 to 6 mark is on the pipe and on the carbs pretty well. I took mine out on the weekend for its first fully sorted fast run and pushed it up to 180k's (112MPH) not bad at all....had plenty to go...

Bike118.jpg

Bike116.jpg

Cheers mate,

Bret....:beer: