Custom Seat with Storage

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Finally, a place to store tools on a Bonneville (or Thruxton/Scrambler).
Below are pictures of the modified seat. Will hold a 6-pack of beer too!

Attachments

• zipped.jpg
    zipped.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 0
  • unzipped.jpg
    unzipped.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0
  • unzipped with tool roll.jpg
    unzipped with tool roll.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
  • unzipped with foam in.jpg
    unzipped with foam in.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 0

loxpump

Rocker
Finally, a place to store tools on a Bonneville (or Thruxton/Scrambler).
Below are pictures of the modified seat. Will hold a 6-pack of beer too!

Nice inventive mod. But then wouldn't your passengers ass would warm up the beer?

koifarm

Hooligan
weed

Uh yeah, but ummmmm, no. Maybe if you're smuggling weed, but other than that, no.

Seems funny to see that Kingbear....
Back in the 60's I regularly spent the summers in Canada touring the eastern provinces from Ontario East....
But, each time I went, I towed the bonneville on a trailer and at the time, pot was at a premium up there and hard to get.
I did exactly the same thing although removing the entire foam pad and replacing it with about 3-4 lbs of premium bud, once across the border, a visit to the local bike shop and a new foam seat made it all work.
Fortunately at the time dogs were not an issue so it worked perfectly and provided me with income to finance the trip!
Aaahh, the good old days!!!

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Picture with a 6-pack of beer secured

I need a picture of a 6 pack in there to believe it.

LOL! Well, here you go. The 6-pack of beer will easily make it to a hotel safely from a local market. (The unzipped cover will be folded and secured under the seat's passenger strap.)

I kept the foam "cut out" and it slides in easily. I'll only need it though when riding with a passenger, which is very, very seldom. Even without the foam and the tool roll underneath, anyone could manage the ride without too much discomfort.

Attachments

• with secured 6-pack.jpg
    with secured 6-pack.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Easy13

Street Tracker
+1. Verrrry cool, and you can supplement your income by smuggling the afore-mentioned weed!

Nick Morey

Rocker
:up: Cool mod! It's original, looks good, it's functional, I'd say it has all the makings of cool Triumph mod... Go Your Own Way! :cheers:

dschief

750cc
Just make sure you don't hit any big bumps at speed or you'll be crying over spilled beer.

Cool seat mod!