custom/modified D&D 2-1 system

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Where is my set?

Looks really good. How is the sound vs your d&d 2-1? Reckon I'll have to be up austin way soon to get a ride in once this weather is more predictable and we can leave the womenz to make sammiches for when we return.

they sound similar to the way they sounded before, but a little more clear/cackly and maybe a bit louder. It's hard to say because I haven't ridden the bike in about 3 weeks due to work, weather, and pipe modding.

ok here are the real pictures as promised:

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0472.jpg

Ride report to follow!

I wonder what an exhaust set like this would cost to have fabbed up by a local shop.

I guess it depends on the shop. I imagine prices could vary wildly. Tell ya what, buy a D&D 2-1, ship it to me with about $400, and I'll ship something like this back to ya! :D

innominate

Street Tracker
lookin good jeff. but u know what brings it all together? that seat! you should buy the guy that gave u that seat a beer or 3 :cheers::beer: lol.

shanerides

Scooter
You can go to Summit Racing and buy a kit with bends and straights and make you're own set of pipes. All you need is a grinder and a welder. You could take a stock set of pipes to get the 2 ends that bolt to the head and go new from that point on. Then you would just have to buy a set or a single muffler. Making exhaust is quite fun and not as tough as you would think. You could even tack it together and have a welding shop finish weld it for you.

You can go to Summit Racing and buy a kit with bends and straights and make you're own set of pipes. All you need is a grinder and a welder. You could take a stock set of pipes to get the 2 ends that bolt to the head and go new from that point on. Then you would just have to buy a set or a single muffler. Making exhaust is quite fun and not as tough as you would think. You could even tack it together and have a welding shop finish weld it for you.

true it's not that difficult to make your own pipes, but the stock bonnie headers (and flanges that bolt to the head) are stainless steel and are very difficult to weld up to mild steel like the summit bends.

Thanks Sal. I would love to but I'm not close to being set up equipment wise for that, or capital wise for that matter...

Besides, I don't know if these would work on a stock bike. I made them pretty tight against my rearsets, dunno if they'll work with stock footpegs. I'm also not sure if the stock 19" front wheel/tire would work with that left pipe crossing over the frame. With my 17" mag wheel I have plenty of room.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
How in the hell does your bike come out looking so clean in every picture? I know the truth duder, I seen it in person! Damn thing looks bitchin for sure.