cross country..

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
There is a difference between getting out to clear your mind and running from your demons...only you know the difference. Just make sure to choose the one and not the other. Are you riding with any vets? It helps...trust me. Do a little research and you will find that there is a strong mix with vets and bikes and could be something good for you. It's better than sitting by yourself and getting lubricated. Drop me a PM if you need help with it and I will do what I can.

Flaco

750cc
On the way home tonight I was thinking about it more.. may not kick off till March.. might sell everything I own and just roll... Two lanes the whole way ..
It beats being on the other side of the grass..
Cheers tt..
Is Tucson AZ a long way from your starting point?
Consider passing through and we will be the host for the most for you brother...
Rides, food, bedding and camaraderie await you!
Keep your toes forward!
Best...
Allin...

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
TT,
I've been there too mate, and, sure, it's a pretty lonely place to be.
At the risk of repeating what a couple of other guys have said, yes, it does get better with time and a little distance. Hang in there and remember to take it easy on the bike when you find yourself in in those positions.
I hope it works out for you.
:brit:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
The women thing is just the worst. If anyone finds the answer let me know. I'm lucky now but previous cases still haunt the heart.

There are great women out there and you can only learn through the years how people really are. You learn how to look past the facade and see the ones with a good heart. Experience helps you find the right one - TT, she's off in your future still.. you gotta take care of your own self now so you will be the great guy she will one day meet and fall for.

I think a road trip can be a great step forward on that but no way you should do that with a tortured mind. So the first step is getting the mind settled down so you don't wreck. I sent you a PM.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
Guess I gotta be the one to ask how old your kids are. I mean, if they're grown adults they might understand, but if they're kids good luck explaining "daddy needs to find himself."

I've got a great girlfriend (after what feels like a life time wasted on horrible ones), and she's got a 6 year old son. His father is out of the picture, for good reason. Basically what I'm getting at is I'm the closest thing he's known to a dad. I couldn't imagine at his age even contemplating leaving him behind for year long journey.

You've got kids, and for better or worse, life is no longer just about you. Consider that before you head out.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Sanjurro, its not an either/or scenario. Do both.

The other side of that coin is that you need your head on straight, you need to take care of yourself if you are going to be a positive influence and a good example. You would want your own kid to face his demons and move head, not just suffer, wouldn't you? - and the example he or she will have is you. Take the trip - do the ride, but also take seriously the rest of the process you are going to go through as you become a better man. Then you can be the role model.

Okay, a year might be a little long. But take the trip. Metaphorically speaking.

Last edited:

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
"any soldier here can tell you that without a mission you feel useless."
If you have children you have a mission.

T

ttbonnie

i appreciate the invites and responses..

its a shitty place to for me to be right now.. i know time heals all wounds, supposedly..
but right now it just sucks donkey dick..
ive got some time, i need to finish up some things where im at first..
life comes at you fast, and waits for no man..kick stands up soon.
tt..