Cross country and back

buckie

Scooter
I'm riding around the country, I have about 25 days for the trip. Started in NYC, down to Louisiana, then across Texas. BTW, what's up with the bugs in Texas, I know everything is bigger, but I was riding on 380 from Denton and got hit by some of the biggest, hardest and juicyest bugs ever! In Vegas now, will head to LA, then up the coast to Washington. I'll head back through Bonneville Salt Flats - South Dakota and whatever else looks good.
I'm riding a 2001 Bonnie, Givi windscreen, Predators 18 tooth sprocket, running at around 70-80mph, no problems! Got her up to 106 (GPS) in Texas, gotta love Texas! She had more left, but I got a little nervous, I'll see what I can do on the Salt Flats. RPM's are at about 4500, 5000 on the long stretches. 300-500 miles per day. I'll post more as the trip goes on.

Kframe

Street Tracker
Awesome trip it sounds like! Are you taking any pictures or journaling along the way?

I'd love to hear more details!
Stay safe, -K

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The only thing you keep all you life are memories and for sure a nice long bike ride to me is always on the top of that list. make some memories (like the juicy bugs) and post em if you got em!

buckie

Scooter
Thanks for asking about my butt, I like it, it's been with me quite awhile now. I take a couple of Aleve everyday, that keeps any soreness away. I have been taking some pictures and will post in a day or two.

D9

Vendor
Sounds like a helluva trip - good on ya! - and agree with everybody else... take some pics if you can!

buckie

Scooter
Udpate on trip

Update on my trip is a little late, but here . In Ennis, Montana now, spent the night in Butte, Montana. It was during there Evil Kneivel Days, I believe I was the only Triumph in town! When I was in California, I was on the side of the road for a break, when a CHP officer pulled up behind me. We started a conversation about Bikes, he had KTM's. He asked how I liked the Bonnie and before I could think I told him it was great, could cruise at 75 or 80 with no problem, as I said it I thought about a video I saw on YouTube titled "don't talk to cops" (sorry bonefide) fortunately he was unconcerned and gave me some Ideas for roads in Oregon. I'm glad he did I was on 97, 126, 58 all great roads. The Northeast forests pale in comparison to Oregon. Back to Butte, everyone was in the streets, great band, Tim Montana - everyone over 15 seemed to be getting drunk! On to Sturgis now. A note about Harley guys, everytime I pulled over for a break, they would pull up and ask if I needed help, sort of like a bizarre AAA. I'm trying to upload some photos.
denton
[/IMG][/IMG]