Craigslist or ?

strokerlmt

So I have finished the Suzuki VStrom. New front end, oil, filter and black paint. She started first roll and runs like a dream. Put her on Craigslist. First 5 inquiries were text messages, I like your bike, i want to purchase, I will pay full price, call me and we can discuss how I can pay OR I like your bike, I want to buy for my boyfriend, one text was the worst english I have ever seen payment would be a wire transfer from Canada. More scamming than selling.
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Definitely sounds frustrating but hopefully it should sell soon for you...tis the season and all...

It's a world wide problem. The same people send the same replies as soon as we list bikes and cars for sale in Australia and we don't have Craigslist. I delete all replies regardless in the first 24 hours.

britman

Scooter
Craig's List is no more

The last items I tried to sell on Craig's was a stock set of wheel and tires from my Wife's car. I finally gave up, the scammers were unbelievable and not one valid response. I am now in the process of trying to adapt Fiat wheels to Triumph motorcycles.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I don't know if there's a cycle trader in your neck of the woods, but I put a car on Auto Trader and sold it the same day.

C/L is fun to peruse and I'm sure 99% of the ads are legit but I don't think I'd buy anything off of it unless I could meet the seller face to face.

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
CL can be okay most of the time, once you weed through the scammers you will get legit buyers..
I just sold two vehicles in less than a week after posted, I think I had three scammers on the first one and none on the second vehicle...