Covers, or not?

Beachfinn

Scooter
Finally finished stripping all that goofy clear coat from all aluminium parts. I did headlight brackets last and started looking at the bike without windscreen and cowling. I am still not sure which i prefer, bit of a change with two parts.
_STL2976.jpg

_STL2981.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
That bike looks better without the seat cowl and fly screen fairing. I'd also suggest pulling that front fender off and adding a fork brace in it's place. It'll go with the stripped down/rat bike look ...

Mats

Two Stroke
Yeah, definitly better without cowl and fairing. Nice touch with the lettering on the emblem filled in with yellow too! And I like those sidecovers. Made them yourself in alu?
/Mats

Beachfinn

Scooter
Thanks guys. I guess that means some D9 brackets and gauge covers :)
Yep, the side panels are ~1mm aluminum, after I cleaned the wire hassle it was way too empty looking in there and I was not about to put the plastic buckets back in.

Bonafide

NBR founder
I'll give a huge 'hell ya' on the D9 brackets. I love the ones we have on bikes here. Top shelf stuff for sure.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
I'm liking the top version myself - the stripped down version. It would look really good with a gunfighter seat, front fender elimination. And like everyone says - a D9 bracket is always a bonus.

That bike looks better without the seat cowl and fly screen fairing. I'd also suggest pulling that front fender off and adding a fork brace in it's place. It'll go with the stripped down/rat bike look ...

Roger that. That fender isn't doing anything anyway,and a fork brace would.

I like the top version better too. I'm likin' those TT pipes a lot.Where did you get 'em?

Beachfinn,
Where did you get the front light guard? I like it...also in favour of the stripped down look. A MAS tank tank cover would also add to the rat look...

Attachments

• DSCN5108 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5108 (Large).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 0

Gretsch

Rocker
First pic for sure. The seat cowl could stay but the front faring has got to go IMHO. The pipes look awesome!

Beachfinn

Scooter
Wow, 11/11 say loose em :rockon:
D&D's; love the looks and sound (uber loud). To my surprise I have not have any clearance problems since I got em. On the other hand you can pretty much forget about using a traditional bike jack and count on dropping one of the ends for oil change :)
Any good source for fair priced sweet billet braces? I guess I'll grind down the fender mounting nubs too...

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I think it looks amazing either way, I'd keep both just to be able to change it up. How did you go about cleaning up all the wiring and such under the side covers and getting r id of all that. I really want to get that stuff out of the way and go side coverless with just the filters there.

Beachfinn

Scooter
Commando- you have just made my head hurt and probably caused hours of googling around. How in the world does that pile of pretty aluminum work?
:stupid2:

Texas- I moved everything under the seat. Had to extend a wire or two, about one afternoons worth of work. I am looking to fab a battery box and prettying the wires a bit more, but they are of the sight for now. I just didn't like the wide open space so I bended some alloy to cover em (trust me these are a result of 11 card board shapes).

Only if FL had a damn winter so I could really take this bike apart. Oh, I love the quality of my problems :)

GuyM

Street Tracker
Concur - top photo looks GREAT.

Mini/Cafe fairing is neat too - but without it the bike is super.