Cool CB450 K1 cafe.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Honda CB450 K1
Posted: 25 Mar 2010 10:30 AM PDT

In the days before the horsepower race, the Honda CB450 was one of the most desirable bikes you could buy. You had the choice of charismatic, cantankerous British iron, which would invariably mark its territory with a little puddle of oil, heavyweight American cruisers, or the jewel-like build quality and supreme reliability of a Honda. This 1968 CB450 is one of the 6,000-or-so early K1 models, with a simple ‘450’ badge on the side panels, beneath a textured black vinyl seat with delicate white piping. The fuel tank was different to the ‘Black Bomber’ K0 models introduced in 1965, and the K1 was an altogether more attractive and contemporary-looking model. The example featured here was restored by the talented Jean-Claude Barrois, a welder by profession and friend of the Southsiders collective; Barrois has subtly modified this CB450 to add a sportier touch, creating new rearsets and fitting a redesigned exhaust. (The bike has now been sold, and the new owner plans to add a period-correct Avon fairing.) The excellent photography, by the way, is from Guerry & Prat Images, a new studio that is shaping up to become one of Europe ’s leading motorcycle photography studios. [With thanks to Vincent Prat.]
Phase One | H25 back | 22MP | ISO 1

honda-cb450-6.jpg

Honda CB450 K1 is a post from Bike EXIF - Classic motorcycles, custom motorcycles and cafe racers.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
wow. talk about rose colored glasses
that is not the way I remember the black bomber
it is not in my top 1000

Motley

750cc
It sure is a beauty.

I just sold my K4 this past Saturday. It wasn't near as nice as the Bomber.

HondaCB450Oct09007.jpg

Kirkus51

Hooligan
That tank sure looks like it came off a Honda 305 Scrambler. A guy named Frank had a 305 with no mufflers and Snuff or Nots. That was (and probably still is) the baddest sounding bike in the old neighborhood. As soon as the Suzuki X6's came out, Frank had to drag race them. He got his ass kicked every time. Frank got a 500 Triumph, we went drag racing. He still lost. He wouldn't get a two stoke and couldn't afford another bike bike so he gave up and reverted to just beating up people. He was pretty good at that.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
I love that 68 CB450 cafe racer. But then again I love most of the 60s & 70s era Hondas.

Check this little guy out. Maybe the smallest, yet one of the nicest cafe racers I've seen.

-----.-------
10354960-S.jpg

I love that 68 CB450 cafe racer. But then again I love most of the 60s & 70s era Hondas.

Check this little guy out. Maybe the smallest, yet one of the nicest cafe racers I've seen.

-----.-------
10354960-S.jpg

That is drop dead gorgeous.
Is it just me or is this very similar, in a Spanish kind of way?

metralla_competicion.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
The Dream 50R Honda was selling in the States around 2004... one of these shows up
at the track day occasionally... although not as nice as the silver & blue bike in the pic above, still sweet...

146_04_01zoom+2004_honda_dream_50r+right.jpg

146_04_06zoom+2004_honda_dream_50r+rear.jpg

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Maybe silver and royal blue just makes for a really nice looking cafe style Honda.

This one's a Honda SuperHawk. The little guy started out as an SL70..... I think.

HondaSuperhawkCafe5.jpg

Last edited:
The Dream 50R Honda was selling in the States around 2004... one of these shows up
at the track day occasionally... although not as nice as the silver & blue bike in the pic above, still sweet...

146_04_01zoom+2004_honda_dream_50r+right.jpg

146_04_06zoom+2004_honda_dream_50r+rear.jpg

They have one at the Honda dealership down the street from my dad's house in Abington, MA.

In fact, they've had it ever since I was a parts grunt... thing just sits there for sale. It's been at least 5 years.

D9

Vendor
Not surprised... not a real practical bike, LOL... more or less a bauble...but I'd still have one... buzz the 'hood once in awhile :D